• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus 9600xt 128, flash to Saphire 9600xt 128 problems..

ENABi

Hi, first post here, so Im gonna try to make my problem very clear. My current video card is an Asus Radeon 9600xt w/ vivo. Ive been using this card for a while along with my Apple Cinema Display 20. Since day 1 Ive had no boot/bios visible, and it didnt really bother me as much. But now I have learned of people force flashing their Ati/Etc Radeon cards to the Sapphire bios versions, with complete success in boot/bios compatibility with Apple Cinema displays. I took it upon my self to give it a try. This is the bios file I used "Sapphire.9600XT.128.Samsung28.031225" because its the only one the listed the 9600xt version with vivo support. After flash, the card because unusable, and system would reboot upon windows login. I managed to reflash back to a previously saved backup by booting up to a vga monitor (for some reason the vga output on the card remained in working order).

So now Im trying to figure out what Sapphire 9600xt bios would be compatible with my asus card, or if there is a custom bios file that I might be able to use instead that would allow compatibility with the Apple display. The reason for blank post/bios is rather simple, some cards boot with resolutions that arent natively supported the the Apple displays, as well as refresh rates over 60. My card being the case.

Any help is appreciated.

ENABi

Ok, I guess there isnt anyone here with a single comment ?

ENABi

I have so far tried most of the Saphire bios and a few Ati's and no luck. After reboot, the pc either does not display anything at all, or once in windows crashes or reboots. Niether bios allowed me to view the post/bios/boot screens. Can someone maybe modify a bios file for me ? The only thing I need it to do is upscale the post/boot resolution to something thats compatible with the Apple cinema display, the Saphires and some of the Ati's do this. If someone can compare my asus 9600xt 128mb vivo bios to a saphire 9600xt 128mb then maybe they can find the subtle resolution differences. I hope someone replies this time....:(