1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS 9800PRO 256 Fan went of wont get back on

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by theduke, Jan 2, 2005.

1. theduke New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I got an ASUS Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb VIVO Card (Rev. 1.01) I flashed it with an ASUS XT BIOS, but the card couldn't handle the clock rate, so I flashed it back to the PRO version. The strange thing was that I could use all option of ASUS Smartdoctor now with the PRO BIOS. I wasn't able to use them before I flashed to xt and back, exspecialy the fan control option. So I enabled smartfan to reduce the noise. It worked great for more then 7 month now, but a few days ago , the fans were making strange noises, so I switch the fan of in smartdoctor for a second the make sure, the noise is coming from the graphic card fans.

The Problem is now: after I switch back to smartfan, the fans wont get back on. I tried all option in the ASUS smartdoctor fan control tab, but nothing worked. I rebooted several times, but even at start-up the fans wont spin! I took the card out, but everything looked fine. Then i flashed a XT BIOS back on it, no change, I tried several BIOS versions, NO change. I checked the fans by pluging them into the mainboard, they work fine... but somehow the graphic card tells them to run at 0%.
    Does anybody have any idea?