1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

asus a8n32 sli deluxe lan party possible?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by kool168, Mar 22, 2006.

1. kool168 New Member

Thanks Received:
    there are 2 lan ports on the mobo, i am just wondering is it possible to plug one more computer to my PC through the extra lan port, so the other computer will be able to online as well?

currently i have a router to connect 2 computers altogether. i wanna throw away my router and just plug the other computer directly to my pc and both computer can online, is it possible?

if so, will it slow down my computer?
    can you direct me to a guide how to set it up? do i need to get a special type of cable to do that?

any help would be appreciated, thanks
  2. xdaxxchampxx New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes u can just plug another comp to your other lan and get rid of the roughter but u lose the built in firewall of the roughter. If you decide to do that you will need a Crossover cable instead of the regular cat5 cable. Its basically the same but the wires are crossed to simulate like its going from your comp to a roughter and then out to another comp. Hope that helps :toast:
  3. kool168 New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks for your response. so all i need is to buy a crossover cable and just plug it in to my computer so my PC will be able to detect automaticly?
  4. xdaxxchampxx New Member

Thanks Received:
    well ya i dun know about automatically but it will work might have to set up small office network or something to get it working depends on how windows is feeling lol :toast: