1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS A8R-MVP motherboards not working as expected?

Discussion in 'News' started by W1zzard, Jan 11, 2006.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Our reader R.H. has bought the ASUS A8R-MVP CrossFire motherboard which is advertised with "Designed for serious overclockers". Unfortunately the production motherboards seem to have a lot of issues with voltage selection and ASUS is not doing anything to fix it.

This is the full E-Mail from our reader:

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    heh, assus got pwned lying again.
  3. CYBERX1800XT

CYBERX1800XT New Member

Thanks Received:
    My A8r-mvp

WELL NOW I SEE WHY MY A8R-MVP AINT LIVING UP TO ALL THE OVERCLOCKING HYPE AND BENCHMARKS ALOT OF MAJOR WEB SITES HAVE POSTED ABOUT MY NEW MOTHERBOARD. AND I'VE GOT AN X1800XT TO POWER IT WITH,SO I KNOW IM NOW UNDER-POWERED IN THE VIDEO CARD DEPT. IVE BEEN AN ASUS MAN FOR OVER 6 YEARS NOW. IVE HAD SUCH GOOD LUCK TO THIS DAY WITH MY OLD P4T533/2.26 GIG P4 SYSTEM. WELL ASUS BETTER ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM QUICK OR IVE GOT A 2200.00 PAPER WEIGHT. LET ALONE A GRAND FOR A AMD 4000 FX-55 X2 PROCESSOR. IF ASUS DOESN'T ADDRESS THE 1.5VOLTS NEEDED TO POWER MY PORCESSOR,,ILL JUST RMA THE BOARD BACK TO NEWEGG,,AND GO BUY THE SAPPHIRE CROSSFIRE MOBO. I'M MAJORLY DISAPPOINTED IN ASUS. IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS 2 WEEKS AGO,, I WOULD HAVE HELD OFF ORDERING THIS A8R-MVP. I'M SUCH A FOOL. WELL IT GOES TO SHOW HOW WANTING TO HAVE THE BIGGEST,BADDEST PC IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD TO GLOAT AND RUB IN ALL OF MY FELLOW FRIEND'S FACE CAN BACKFIRE IN YOURS VERY QUICKLY. SO TO WHOEVER READS THIS POST,,BELIEVE WHAT HAS BEEN SAID IN THIS THREAD ABOUT THE NEW ASUS A8R-MVP. TRUST ME,,I JUST BOUGHT ONE 2 WEEKS AGO. NOW IM STUCK WITH A 2200.00 PAPER WEIGHT. ALL THOUGH MY X1800XT IS STILL A MEAN,NASTY VIDEO CARD STANDING ALONE. :banghead:
    CYBERX1800XT 1/17/06
  4. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    Asus really is not supportingthe lower A* series, I called customer support and they basically told me to screw..
    "we do not support the bios features you are refering to"
    ITS IS THIER FREAKIN FEATURE!
    It does not bother me that the board is limited to 1.4, but they would not even tell me that! what bothers me is their attitude. I have a A8S-x... .. I will never own another asus product!
    Planning on getting anew board soon!