1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS A8V Deluxe and SATA Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Mutnaum, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Mutnaum New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just purchased a raptor x 150GB Hard Drive and installed it on a Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard. When I booted up the motherboard, it detected the hard drive but Windows XP setup said it could not find any hard drives. I have the latest bios installed and I have tried messing with settings in the bios but nothing has worked. Do anyone have a idea about what is wrong with the board or XP?

2. FatForester New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey, I've got your mobo. If you're installing Windows XP, you'll have to grab a floppy drive to install the SATA drivers. If you don't have a floppy you can install Windows onto an old IDE drive, install your SATA drivers, then use WD Lifeguard to ghost it over to the sata drive. The A8V Deluxe uses a south bridge that XP freaks out at, but newer mobo's with SATA sometimes use an IDE chip for running SATA, so XP will recognize it... or something like that. I've done both the floppy and ghosting method, and they both work.