• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Announces P7P55 WS SuperComputer Motherboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ASUS, the leading provider of innovative motherboard solutions, today unveiled the ASUS P7P55 WS SuperComputer motherboard. Built around the Intel P55 Express chipset, it features the new LGA1156 socket for next-generation Intel Core i5 processors and DDR3-2133 (O.C.) memory for outstanding yet cost-effective performance. To enable multiple-GPU rendering, the motherboard supports both 3-way and 2-way graphics card configurations based on SLI or CrossFireX technology. Additionally, it leverages the NVIDIA CUDA parallel computing architecture to support three NVIDIA Tesla cards and one NVIDIA Quadro card for 250 times more computing power.

Stunning Graphics with Flexible Multi-GPU Capabilities Powered by SLI or CrossFireX Technology
The ASUS P7P55 WS SuperComputer motherboard provides incredible graphics flexibility by supporting either 3-way or 2-way multi-GPU solutions via both SLI and CrossFireX technology. Users can install up to three SLI-capable GeForce graphics cards at x16, x8, and x8 connection speeds, or two graphics cards at true x16 connection speeds. Alternatively, users can also use CrossFireX for a multi-GPU setup. These flexible options give users incredible graphics performance and enhanced scalability from a single motherboard platform.

Massive Computing Power with CUDA Parallel Processing
With NVIDIA Tesla GPU support, the ASUS P7P55 WS SuperComputer provides the foundation for users to build a cost-effective personal supercomputer. The system leverages the NVIDIA CUDA parallel computing architecture for a massive performance boost from four graphic cards: three NVIDIA Tesla cards and one NVIDIA Quadro card. This generates four teraflops of computing power-250 times of a standard PC-from 960 parallel processing cores. Thus, the P7P55 WS SuperComputer is suited for virtualization and heavy workload computing in the life sciences, engineering, financial modeling, and electronic design automation fields.

Extra Performance Boost with TurboV EVO-enhanced Overclocking
With ASUS TurboV EVO-a user-friendly hardware utility-both novice and hardcore overclockers can easily unleash the full potential of the CPU. Only a few easy adjustments are required to increase performance. Additionally, the TurboV Easy mode automatically optimizes voltage settings for users to achieve the most extreme yet stable performance gains. Features such as Auto Tuning also accelerates CPU speeds by up to 22.2% and memory access rates by up to 14.8%-with just a button press and no additional investments.

Optimized Efficiency with Xtreme Phase and T.Probe Technology
With unique ASUS Hybrid Phase technology-comprising Xtreme Phase power delivery and dynamic T.Probe phase balancing-the P7P55 WS SuperComputer motherboard gives users a stable and ultra-cool platform to run extreme workloads. Xtreme Phase features auto-frequency switching and breakthrough 16+3 power management with independent VRM for enhanced power efficiency and phenomenal heat dissipation, while the intelligent T.Probe microchip detects and actively balances phase temperatures around the active core-for the ultimate in cool operations.

Improved Memory Compatibility with MemOK!
The MemOK! microchip eliminates possible memory issues by improving compatibility with different memory. To ensure a smooth bootup, users simply press an easy-to-access button whenever an indicator alerts them of an incompatible memory installation. This initiates the loading of safe settings that facilitates bootup with basic functionality.

Hybrid OS for Rapid Online Access and Windows 7 Support
The P7P55 WS SuperComputer features Hybrid OS which comprises ASUS Express Gate and Microsoft Windows. Express Gate integrates with Internet utilities, serving as a one-stop gateway to online applications. Users can Skype, play online interactive games, view photos or instant message their friends from a single platform and rapidly get online within 5 seconds after boot up. Express Gate also supports 14 languages for better usability. The P7P55 WS SuperComputer also comes with Windows 7-compatible drivers for an easy Windows 7 upgrade.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Way to water down your WS line Asus... :/

Wagoo

I think it's traditional for ASUS to host its website on a 33.6k modem.

Nice lane starved supercomputer board ASUS, how about an Atom version next?

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I think it's traditional for ASUS to host its website on a 33.6k modem.

Nice lane starved supercomputer board ASUS, how about an Atom version next?

For P55, it is one of the least lane starved I've seen. Not many even offer 2 PCI-E x16 slots at the full x16 bandwidth like this board, or 4 PCI-E x16 slots at x8...

Wagoo

For P55, it is one of the least lane starved I've seen. Not many even offer 2 PCI-E x16 slots at the full x16 bandwidth like this board, or 4 PCI-E x16 slots at x8...

It's still just sharing the same amount of lanes but splitting them with an NF200 chip though. May be useful to some, but WS screams X58 in my book.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
It's still just sharing the same amount of lanes but splitting them with an NF200 chip though. May be useful to some, but WS screams X58 in my book.

The P6T6 WS use the NF200 for the same thing...

And hell, the P6T WS only had two x16 slots...