• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS at CES 2007

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (ASUS), showcases the following products at CES 2007.

XG Station

When traveling, users prefer thin and light notebook designs and long battery life. At home, they prefer the video processing power a dedicated graphics card brings. With the XG station, users can enjoy the best of both worlds. The XG Station is the industry's first public demonstration of the world's first external graphics card station for notebook computers. Equipped with Express Card interface, USB 2.0 and Dolby headphones, the XG station seamlessly integrates notebook computing with PC graphics power.

Gaming Notebooks

Based on the latest Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology with advanced graphic solutions, the G1 and G2, designed with the serious gamer in mind, revolutionize the way games are played with blistering speed and true-to-life video and audio performances - on the go! Available in two sizes, 15.4" and 17", the widescreen notebooks are presented with design details incorporated to elevate the overall experience, including an OLED instant display, side/front speakers, hotkey highlights as well as sidelights.

Digital Home

ASUS' Asteio D22 digital audio/ video barebone center will access, record and play back your favorite movies in up to 1080p resolution. It combines the functions of a Tivo program recorder, a location-free Internet media streaming server, and a Core Duo PC, all at a fraction of the price buying the separate components would cost. The whisper quiet (26dB) performance and attractive design make it a beautiful addition to your living room environment.

Graphics Cards

ASUS' lineup of powerful graphics cards includes a range of solutions for every segment. The 7600 GT/HDTI features HDMI output, which allows 1080p transmission of video as well as 6 channel uncompressed audio, critical features for a PC serving digital content to your home theater.

Monitors

As widescreens become dominant, 1680 x 1050 resolution for 20" and 22" monitors is expected to become the mainstream. ASUS recently introduced the MW221U and MW201U monitors for wider high-resolution screens to bring customers 1680 x 1050 resolution on a large screen and at a very nice price.

Enriched Communication Experience

The AiGuru S2 is a cordless USB Internet phone offering support for Skype software, Windows Vista SideShow, and both Apple iTunes and Windows Media Player for wireless music play. The AiGuru S2 remains true to ASUS' three main product design concepts - style, ease of use and seamless integration with PC applications that users are no longer tied down to their PCs or laptops. The premium slim design, brilliant color display and backlit keypad make the AiGuru S2 comfortable to use around the house or office, regardless of where the computer is located. Access to broadband Internet is required.

New Motherboards

ASUS is also unveiling a series of motherboards pre-loaded with Skype so that PC DIYers can turn ordinary corded or cordless house phones into multi-function Skype phones. After installing the TA-CP600/400 telecom adaptor card or the M2N/TeleSky, P5B/TeleSky and P5LD2 SE motherboards, users can use regular phones to operate Skype and make free calls to other Skype users online, dial low-cost calls to landline and mobile phone numbers using SkypeOut or receive incoming calls using SkypeIn. The new ASUS AiGuru S2, TA-CP600/400, M2N/TeleSky, P5B/TeleSky and P5LD2 SE motherboards with Skype pre-loaded will be available in Q1 2007.

If you or your customers want the excitement of high definition content, think of ASUS' broad lineup of superior high-res solutions. To see these products and ASUS' entire range of high performance notebooks, barebone notebooks, motherboards, video cards, wireless products, monitors, digital home solutions and other products, visit the ASUS booth in South Hall 4, #35166.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

bornfree

Asus' goal is to be the electronics king of the world

Unfortunately Asus is hellbent on becoming the electronics king of the world regardless of the cost. The inferior design, engineering and construction quality and zero customer support of their products speaks volumes about Asus' attitude. To me this is very unfortunate because at one time Asus was actually a top line motherboard producer, but that was years ago. Now all they seem to care about is cranking out one POS after another in every electronics field they can find or try to invent. To me this is a clear case of a good company gone bad and their drop in mobo sales tends to confirm this.

RickyG512

Processor E6600 @ 3.4ghz 60 degree load stock HSF 1.5v
Motherboard P5B vanilla 0806
Cooling All stock
Memory 2x 1GB geil @ DDR-2 850 4-5-5-12(7100 sis mem bench)
Video Card(s) Powercolour X1900XT 512MB 681/792
Storage c:250gb 16mb 7k2 d:320gb 16mb 7k2 both WD and Sata-II
Display(s) Acer 19" 8ms widescreen 1440x900
Case Thermaltake skull
Audio Device(s) X-Fi eXtreme music
Power Supply Enermax 620 liberty
Software xp pro sp2
2 words:

P5B Delux

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
It is in this example Casheti :) . Look, there is nothing wrong with Asustek extending themselves in new direction to better serve the greater market and make themselves money. As with all new ventures, somethings do need to be ironed out. I have to admit, not alot of their new stuff are POS'. Quite the contrary its pretty good. They make good mobos, so why not try laptops, Graphics cards and the like. Hell the prefab the pcbs so...I mean, it makes sense. :shadedshu

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Bornfree's trolling is really starting to get annoying.

There aren't any motherboards available that are better than what ASUS produces. Show me a board better than the P5B-E in its price range, then do the same for the P5B-Deluxe.

Their customer support is very good, the one time I have had to call them for what I thought was a faulty motherboard the person was very helpful and willing to replace the motherboard, even though I told them I wasn't sure it was the motherboard at fualt.

I would like to see him produce some actual proof that their motherboard sales have dropped by any significant amount, I bet he can't.

System Name G-REX
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE + 4 x Corsair LL120 (White)
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3600 (White)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME | 2TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVME
Display(s) 34.0" LG 34GP83A-B
Case Lian-Li Lancool 2 Mesh (White)
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Corsair Dark Core Pro SE
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK2 (Cherry MX Brown) + White PBT Key Caps
Software Windows 10 Home

bornfree

Well this is just stupid. If Asus has no problems then why is it you find reports all over the Net about the defects in their products and why did Hexus rip them a new A-Hole over their defective products?

Denial doesn't change the facts. If you chose to be a brand fanboy that's up to you. What I stated is my take on Asus which is supported by the FACTS. Asus isn't alone in having QC, design and engineering problems. Sapphire, DFI, Gigabyte, Abit and other Asian mobo companies have all turned out quite a number of lemons in the past few years as documented by any number of review sites. Asus has just expanded their product line exponentially and the defective products are everywhere in the electronics landscape.

Advising me that I am receiving an "infraction" for stating the truth is just foolish. It won't change the facts and I am certainly not guilty of trolling because someone doesn't share the same perspective on defective products as I do. It would benefit those who dislike the truth that I posted, to do a little more reading instead of criticizing the messenger.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
I would like to see these "facts" that support your statements. But since you just seem to like to talk and not provide any actual facts or proof to back your statements up, you are still trolling and still annoying.