1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus crosshair v formula club

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by skellattarr, Aug 12, 2012.

1. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    pacman, I just seen this board with 7950 crossfire and errmmmm ive fallen for it!! haha! sooo tempted to buy it now!
  2. ...PACMAN...

...PACMAN...

Thanks Received:
    Alas. my plans have changed alot since that post was made and I'm looking till at least the summer before I can get my hands on any hardware (that's what she said:laugh:)

If you do go for that d1nk, post some benchies. I'd be interested:pimp:
    d1nky says thanks.
  3. GamerGuy

Thanks Received:
    Recently upgraded to an FX8350, have it @4.45ghz at default voltage of 1.35v. Here is a pic, this was when I still had the FX8120, but hey, can anyone tell the difference?:pimp: Btw, this was also when I had the OCZ 1600mhz RAM, have since swapped to 4x 4GB RipJawsX 2133mhz RAM.
    [​IMG]
  4. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    when i upgraded from a crosshair ii to acrosshair v i upgraded my xwife computer with the crosshair ii she loves it.
    os2wiz says thanks.
  5. os2wiz

os2wiz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe she'll be showing you more love again.
  6. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    maybe but i don't know if i can trust her again.
  7. os2wiz

os2wiz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did you ever consider upgrading your cooling on your CPU? What are your temps under load with Intel Burn Test or OCCT? I was just thinking if temps are a problem , I know of a better cooler than Corsair. If you're interested I'll give you the low down on it.
  8. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    i got the corsair h80 and it seems to be working ok temps never go above 56 core on load. and i found out how to get pass 4.5ghz i uped the dram volts a little and that got it stable at 4.635ghz. some times it go to 4.735ghz don't know why turbo core is disabled but its stable
  9. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    whats a good case for cooling and cable management for about 150 bucks the case i got is real bad for cable management and my mobo gets hot and so does the memory but cpu is good on temps
  10. os2wiz

os2wiz New Member

Thanks Received:

I would suggest the Rosewill Black hawk Ultra gaming case at New egg. It goes on sale just about every 5-6 weeks. Then you can get it for $130 bucks or so. It is an awesome super tower with great airflow and 3 230mm fans. 2 on top of the case and one on the side. It has 4 140mm fans in front of the drive cage and a rear 140 mm fan. It is a full tower ,really a suprtower.
  11. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    The corsair carbide 500R i've got is great for cable management and airflow. It lets you route all cables behind the motherboard, and comes with loads of fans, and a fan controller.
  12. os2wiz

os2wiz New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's a bit pricey for a mid-tower case. Do a compare to the Rose will Blackhawk Supreme . It really doesn't stand up to the comparison . More like a $99 case with Corsair imprinted on it.
    GamerGuy says thanks.
  13. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    Haha, I wouldn't go as far as calling it that, I'd take it over any 40$ case quality wise anytime, even more because corsair support rocks. But I guess thats not for everyone.
  14. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    i like that case the color scheme matches the crosshair v and i like the way you can put a fan behind the cpu socket. im going to save for a new video card first then by then the case will be even cheaper. i think the mobo will with stand the heat tell then it only gets up to 40c
  15. os2wiz

os2wiz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes. I recently mounted a 120 mm Noctua underneath the CPU space.
  16. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    how much did it bring down your socket temps?
  17. nemesis.ie

nemesis.ie

Thanks Received:
    Not in my experience. Their QC seems to be a bit dubious of late too, I used to love their products and have loads of them, but recent experience with an H100 and H100i have not been good. Support were out of stock on a replacement H100 (one of the noisy ones) and never followed up when (if) they were back in stock.

The H100i controller killed itself after a few hours, but kind of "recovers" if the machine is powered off for a bit and then dies/pulses it's light (even with nothing connected).

Getting both sorted is too much postage/hassle at this stage so as long as the pump runs I am just connecting the fans to the motherboard and leaving it as is until the next build. If the warranty is still good then I'll maybe send both in together.
  18. os2wiz

os2wiz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dump the crap. Go for a Swiftech H220 for $139. It is custom loop quality in a closed loop system. Has all copper radiator, 6 watt pump (3 1/2 times stronger than pump on Corsair H100/100i and quieter ) superior tubing and fittings, and it is expandable . Can easily handle a second radiator and GPU.
  19. os2wiz

os2wiz New Member

Thanks Received:
    I set it to exhaust rather than intake. I am not sure as I amped up my GHz to 4.74 on CPU just after I installed it. Under load my core temps are high about 67 Celsius. That is using OCCT. Socket temp is about 69-70 Celsius. I do not have pre-installation temps at that over clock. My temps are much higher at 4.74 than at 4.64 GHZ. About 4 To 5 degrees Celsius. That Corsair just can't do the job for this chip. That is why I am upgrading to the Swiftech H320 with 360mm copper radiator and stronger pump.
  20. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    every thing on my mobo works real good except one side of the front usb 3.0 header. i tried three different front usb 3.0 panels on it and all the same the right side is dead.
  21. nemesis.ie

nemesis.ie

Thanks Received:
    For sure it looks better, getting hold of it at a reasonable price in Ireland is another matter.

Pixmania are supposed to be resellers but have none listed in the .ie site and a crappy selection on the UK one ...

If I go for something else I'd prefer to get a 360mm radiator too.
  22. os2wiz

os2wiz New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you can wait about 5-6 weeks , they will be releasing the H320 which is identical except it has a 360mm radiator. It will go for $159 US. The Swiftech stuff is available throughout Europe . I believe the European distributor is located in Portugal. Go to swiftech.com for more information.

Solidarity with the Irish working class.
  23. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    any body got any ideas that i can try to get my front usb 3.0 working right?
  24. os2wiz

os2wiz New Member

Thanks Received:

Did you try to reinstall the latest drivers?
  25. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    yes i tried that many times the left side of the header works but the right side is dead. i wish i could figure out why.:banghead: