1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus crosshair v formula club

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by skellattarr, Aug 12, 2012.

1. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    its not AI suit ii its another program that comes with the mobo that allows you to run virtual cd/dvd drive and run iso's from your hdd
  2. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    In my experience, a high NB voltage can actually cause an OC to be less stable. The NB volt on my CPU only needs to be 1,27 for a NB/HT freq of 2500MHz. I''m getting prime errors when going over 1,32V on the NB
  3. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    are you talking about nb or nb/cpu my nb is at 1.1 and nb/cpu at 1.25
  4. os2wiz

os2wiz

Thanks Received:
    Never used or installed it.
  5. os2wiz

os2wiz

Thanks Received:
    NB/CPU . Never touch NB voltage that is not recommended to touch.
  6. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    i never touch the nb voltage either its what it says on auto
  7. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    You should, its great and comes with the ROG Crosshair V Formula.

Anyhow been running the new bios and all is well. I do notice my setup is more stable. I did get the odd game crash to desktop a few times when pushing the CPU with all 8-Cores enabled, but now I do the same and no crashes. Trying to push her to 4.60 GHz, I just wish I had the option to disable 1 Core per Module instead of the whole Module.
    os2wiz says thanks.
  8. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Doing some ram clocking with the new BIOS and FX-8150:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. os2wiz

os2wiz

Thanks Received:
    I am very happy with the new bios 1605 and the rock-solid stability that I now have that the loosened memory timings are giving me on my 2133 mhz ddr3 ram. I was almost to the end of my rope with the frequent crashes I was having. I may venture upward to 4600 MHZ clock speed,now at 4400. I wouldn't go higher than that until after my H 100 Corsair unit is installed. It comes Wednesday, but won't install it until the FX-8350 arrives. BLT projects a 10/30/12 arrival date for the processors in their warehouse. They are in Connecticut a state that adjoins New York so it would take 2 days shipping time once it leaves the warehouse. But that 10/30/12 arrival projection for the cpu's in their warehouse may be wrong. With those big staff cuts at AMD I imagine morale is extremely low. Their shipping department may be taking their time with the new product to show some rebellion and anger at management. Who could blame them, they are human beings being deprived all their rights to a decent life. Their goes capitalism once again.

In any case I will be happy with my new install whenever it does arrive. I will upgrade to windows 8 before I upgrade the processor. That should be here in 10 days. I will be sure to benchmark my system before and after processor upgrade. I intend to use my Futuremark 11 benchmarking software (3D Mark and PC Mark) and a few other tests that I will compare for a unique look at the 2 processors. If anybody can suggest some real-world testing that can be replicated I am game to try it.
  10. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    have you reached 4.6ghz yet on the new bios? i installed the new bios the day it came out but still staying at 4.4ghz waiting for some one else to say how stable it is at a higher clock.
  11. os2wiz

os2wiz

Thanks Received:
    That 4400 MHZ is my limit as well, but my Corsair H60's limitations may be part of the problem. I have an H 100
    sitting unopened awaiting the arrival of my FX-8350 . WOULD like to get up to 4.8 GHZ on Vishera. Seems like that should be possible with my new cooler.
  12. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    a friend of mine is getting me the fx 8350 for Christmas so i hope i get a good one and reach 5ghz on it that would be cool.:D
  13. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    We should easily all hit 5.0GHz minimum with the potential of 5.50GHz via voltage bump.
  14. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    Is this based on any real world examples?
    The only thing i've found out about vishera overclocking so far is AMD's own attempts, which seemed to be maxxing out at 4,8/5,0GHz(at the AMD showcase during some intel event, cant seem to find the link anymore...).
  15. os2wiz

os2wiz

Thanks Received:
    Good for you. My wife would Never buy me anything computer related.
  16. os2wiz

os2wiz

Thanks Received:
    By the way itwas available on Newgg for about 3 hours then it was pulled. They were overcharging.$219.99
    They did the same thing with Bulldozer's release. That is why I bought Bulldozer from Amazon and saved $20
    and it at my door way before Newegg was ready to ship.
  17. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    Just by the fact we know Bulldozer can hit 5.0GHz with a voltage bump on air and water. Well Piledriver OC's better, so I don't see why we cannot hit higher with less volts.

I am waiting for the hype to die down along with the price, then I am going to get the FX -8350.
  18. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    If one were to call Asus and ask them for more details on the BIOS update, you think they will say assuming they know?

Just not convinced I should update...
  19. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    My wife goes to the local store, asks for 3750K CPU. Sales Guy:

"What series of CPU is that?"

Wife: "Uh..whut!?! Series? you sell more than one 3570K?"

Sales Dude: "I need to know what TYPE of CPU."

Wife: "Uh, 3570K? CPU. You only sell one. Can't you look it up?"

Sales Dude: "Yes, but I need to know what type of CPU first."

Yes, my wife knew more than the sales dude did.:laugh:

aNYWAY, I'm playing the BIOS flashing game right now, and benching. Should have had a review done today, but new drivers have me testing all over again.

I never used to like the CVF, but it's growing on me, I must say.
  20. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    new bios out 1703
    os2wiz says thanks.
  21. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    Nice, this is the Piledriver Bios :D
  22. os2wiz

os2wiz

Thanks Received:
    Yes.I downloaded it. It's late now. I'll install it tomorrow after a good night's sleep. No sense making a huge error when my mind and body are fatigued.
  23. os2wiz

os2wiz

Thanks Received:
    My cpu won't arrive ti about the 5th of November. shopblt.com is a small fry compared to Newegg and Tiger Direct, sothey are further down the supply chain. I'll live wth it Ijust couldn't in good conscience reward Newegg with my order when they are gouging an extra $25 above MSRP. I plan on installing windows 8 Professional Upgrade aftter I install the cpu that way I can benchmark it under both operating systems and see if there is a slight improvement.
  24. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    let us know how the benchmarks go under both os's. im not sure if im going to get piledriver or wait for steamroller if i can wait that long knowing me i cant wait that long lol
    os2wiz says thanks.
  25. os2wiz

os2wiz

Thanks Received:
    I already have windows 8 but everything I hear about it makes me reluctant to install it. Also the few websites that have tested Vishera on windows 8 vs 7 report no statistically different result than the hot patched windows 7. AMD has not said anything since windows 8 launch about any advantage for Vishera. The silence is deafening.I'll hold odd on installing windows 8 until I hear some compelling reason to try it. Sorry guys. My
    FX-8350 is coming tomorrow orFriday. I'll install it with new water cooler H100 and dual Radeon HD 6970's I have coming with new Kingwin Laser 650 watt psu Monday. Isuspect my psu has been causing some of those blue screens I had reported recently.