1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z (AM3+) pt1 - basic review with Zambezi FX

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by FlanK3r, Sep 20, 2012.

1. FlanK3r

Thanks Received:
    My second FX-8350 is awesome! 1.565V in BIOS, 1.35V CPU/NB, I tried quickly validation and I was shocked:thumb:... The best FX I ever seen. Cooling is only AMD liquid cooler, so nothing special.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2607102

...PACMAN... says thanks.
  2. os2wiz

os2wiz

Thanks Received:
    I know your not going to try to run Prime 95 on this you would burn out your cpu if you did. Where is a chart with your temperatures?

3. FlanK3r

Thanks Received:
    5700 MHz stable is of course bullshit, des not exist CPU, what can do 5500 MHz stable with classic cooling methods. Im tetsing with AOD stability, not PRIME. Because PRIME is full of errors with new CPUs and man must waiitng for new and new revision this program. I like PRIME for older CPU as Phenoms, Core Quad, Nehalem, Lynfiled. But since Sandy Bridge time....My example. I had stable Sandy in PRIME, but in high qulity video encoding after few minutes frozed. Or with IVy, in PRIME was OK, in LINX too, in idle I got sometimes bluescreen :).
    So now Im tetsing with OCCT or AOD stability test. Temps are OK, in load after OC about 60 C in coretemp (so 75-77C in real, real maxTj for Vishera is 90C)

os2wiz says thanks.
  4. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Just an aside, Flanker, USB issue mentioned earlier in this thread was fixed some time ago, thanks for helping get that to the people that needed to know!!!

:rockout:

FlanK3r says thanks.
  5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes thank you Flanker. :toast:

I havent updated to the newest bios yet buy from what I read its fixed. :toast: :rockout:

6. ...PACMAN...

...PACMAN...

Thanks Received:
    Nice review, I love the look of this board. Thanks.

7. FlanK3r

Thanks Received:
    thx guys, Im happy, this good boards now working OK with most of USB devices :). And happy for me second FX-8350. Tomorow will be fun with first one and LN2 :)

8. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, those are some killer clocks!

9. FlanK3r

Thanks Received:
    How looking PC station for 5711 MHz (second chip) with 1.565V at CPU? Nothing special!

[​IMG]

Yesterday me with friend frozed my first Vishera chip (validation "only" 5510 MHz with 1.575V) with LN2...Looks not bad :)... Playing Quake III more than one hour with 6 GHz for people and max. clock was finally broked :)

[​IMG]

And one from few screenshots
    [​IMG]

If I remember right, we got about 8100 MHz with this voltage. After Christmas I take some time for LN2 and I tried the best what I could do :).

Judas and cadaveca say thanks.
  10. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    HOLY CRAP!!! Nice job, Flanker!

11. FlanK3r

Thanks Received:
    thank you man, after New Year Il try some benchmakrs in home. Tomorow Il tetsing again first chip with my classic cooling and after my FX-8320. We will see :). But I was happy for 8 GHz, first time in life and the best clock in Czech republic ever :)

os2wiz says thanks.
  12. os2wiz

os2wiz

Thanks Received:
    You said this 8GHZ cpu speed was done with a FX8350 batch nuber 2439?? I hope to get a chip from that batch also. Some achievement. I thin k you should write an overclocker's handbook to systematically show the technique you employed. it will be helpful to others.

13. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I have had about five systems through here in the past month or so and all the UEFI except the Formula Z has had issues with keyboards and mice. They have only been Asus and MSI though.

Some the keyboard would work, after you pounded the same key about 50 times, some the mice would not work, and I tried three different KB&M combos including my Logitech gaming, Eclipse, Microsoft, Logitech wireless and even a old PS/2 native and adpater to USB.

I am not yet sold on UEFI, so far the supposed benefits have more limitations that an old BIOS with mouse support I used years and years ago.

I have a 1237 8350 that is doing great in this board with 32GB of memory. Once I have a better cooler than stock I will start pushing it instead of the memory.

10 Million points folded for TPU
  14. FlanK3r

Thanks Received:
    nice, which one of 32gb memory do you used? model of dram? thx

15. FlanK3r

Thanks Received:
    I love Vishera :)...,next chip looks similar as my second chip for validation. There is a bit higher result, but I used here more voltage than at my second chip...But this chip is good with all cores. I was suprised :) So, lets go!

Validation 1.575V = 5743 MHz !!!!
    [​IMG]
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2658280

Cinebench R11.5 at 5295 MHz with 1.55V!
    [​IMG]

And with many and many try I got finally over 5300 MHz Cinebench :) 5321 MHz and 9.17 points
    [​IMG]

And finally few Superpi 1M benchmarks
    [​IMG]

Look at CPUNB there, over 2700 MHz
    [​IMG]

With lower CPUNB I got the same result at higher CPU frequency (5478 MHz)
    [​IMG]