1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

asus DCII 6950 crossfire, can my psu handle it ?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by shoti72, Apr 24, 2011.

1. shoti72

shoti72 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hello...i thougt that another asus DCII 6950 would be good for my system....do anybody know if a corsair GS700 cann handle these two cards ???? and another question..is it not possible to unlock the shaders from the asus...got any idears ???

2. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    yes it can handle 2 cards

and crossfire might still work as if i remember correctly you can crossfire any 2 cards from a series so why would a shader unlock matter?

3. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    should work fine

4. shoti72

shoti72 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok...sounds good...i will try it because the gpu is DEFINATELY the slowest part...for ex. if i play fallout 3 with many mods ( nmc and so on ) my cpu usage is very low but the gpu temps rises and rises ......i dunno if fallout 3 then works faster...by the way has anybody 2 6950 ??? does it make really sense in games or will i blow out my money for nothing ??

5. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    one card should be more than enough at your resolution, tell us which mods you are using with fallout 3, as some stuff can REALLY slow a game down even on amazing hardware like yours

6. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've never had the gpu usage that high with one 6950 in New Vegas with a couple of mods installed (including NMC's pack). That engine is normally cpu limited. The engine is just ancient, single threaded, and doesn't address memory very efficiently.

7. shoti72

shoti72 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm i thought the same that it would be enough...im playing in 1920/1080....biggest mods are NMC/maxbump, e-mod 5, project hd-beauty, weapon hirez, fellout, enhanced weather, greener gras,and some little mods......

my next game would be crysis 2, is my system ready to handle it in max resolution ??? btw. got any ideas to get my cpu higher ?? temp is only at 39 ° C even under full load...i think the memory can not handle it.....the asrock has much ( to much ) options to manipulate the ram...which are the best ?? ok ..i new....its a bunch of questions but i have free for two weeks from work and now i can tweak my system....

i forgot, i have installed all 5 dlc ( the pitt, anchorage and so on )

8. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's the engine. In Oblivion when I moved from a Q9650 to a i7 860 I didn't notice much of a difference. When I moved from a GTX280 to a 6950 I didn't notice much of a difference.

What is the problem? Hitching and stuttering no doubt? Sudden low framerates?

9. shoti72

shoti72 New Member

Thanks Received:
    it seems to me that the frames ar not so high....in the wasteland my character is a sort of slow.....( weight patch is installed )

10. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    I ran HD6950 Crossfire OVerclocked cards and overclocked CPU with a Corsair 800GS for awhile so it was similar to what you are trying to do. I had no problems doing it so you probably won't either