• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus EAH4850/2DI/1GD3, can not flash again, 0FL01

mmaenpaa

Hi,

I have a working card but...

I tried to get this card to be more silent (with default settings this card is just too loud).

I thought I was doing everything OK, but it seems I some howgot it wrong.

I used the most current version of RBE and Atiwinflash.

First I saved the original BIOS (bios.rom) and then I simply changed the fan settings to recommended. Saved the new file and tried to flash with Atiwinflash. This was my mistake probably (Windows7 64bit). Flash hang and after waiting for 10 minutes I rebooted.

Card works same as before but I just can not flash bios again. I tried with USB boot (Atiflash, with force option) and with another XP machine. Atiflash gives error 0FL01.

Can somebody check the attached bioses. Original is bios.rom, silent version is hd4850.rom

Even RBE says that the original bios.rom is already modified with RBE.

Attachments

• Asus_bioses.zip
    79.7 KB · Views: 341

mmaenpaa

Found a solution, bios was locked

Hi,

I found this in another forum and it helped:

Quote:

"Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT
Sometimes the adapter bios is locked and gives an error when trying to flash your new bios.

You''ll need to enter "Atiflash -unlockrom X" , where "X" is the adapter.
"

Actually this advice was in these forums, but I did not have the right keywords to search for it. (Wizard on another thread).

Markku

dertester

First of all it was said NOT TO USE THE FORCE settings....

second:
i had this because of a wrong file name. RBE gives you a "file" instead "file.rom" also space in name is not good.