1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS EAH6850 1gb/direct CU

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by ostermark, Sep 28, 2013.

1. ostermark New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys

Im a bit of a noob so bear with me please. I've just noticed that my Card uses the 013.007.000.002 bios but i can see from excellent bios collection that someone have submitted 013.012.000.021 bios from Asus and that a XFX card uses 013.012.000.034 Should i go ahead and update or would that be stupid? anyone have any ideas of what changes there could be?

2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    If youre not having any problems with your card - I wouldnt bother.

3. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Welcome to TPU

+1 FreedomEclipse

Really glad this question was asked first :toast:

-Different revisions offer adjustments to voltage, memory timings and or other settings dependent on the PSB layout for the vga card

-Flashing/updating a vbios with a non-reference or image that is not written for the card in question can brick the card

-If there is nothing wrong with the vga card leave well alone; should a vbios image become available for the vga card it will be released via the manufactures web site: that said [even then strict guides need to be followed to lessen the risk of bricking the card]

*always back-up the vbios image first before flashing*

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013