1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS F1A75 First Socket FM1 Motherboard Without Display Connectivity?

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, May 30, 2011.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The F1A75 is perhaps the first socket FM1 motherboard in the ATX form-factor, made by ASUS, to come to light. It appears to be an entry-mid category model, with not too many bells and whistles. The FM1 socket supports AMD A-Series APUs, it is powered by a 6-phase VRM, backed by ASUS EPU. The socket is wired to four DDR3 DIMM slots supporting dual-channel DDR3 memory. Expansion slots include one PCI-Express 2.0 x16, a PCI-E x16 with x4 bandwidth, two PCI-E x1, and three PCI. It comes as utter surprise to us that this board lacks display connectivity. What were they thinking? All six SATA 6 Gb/s ports from the A75 chipset are internal. There are four USB 3.0 ports, including two via header. Other connectivity includes 8-channel HD audio, gigabit Ethernet, and a number of USB 2.0 ports.

[​IMG]
  2. jalex3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    :wtf: maybe the cpu is so great they think we will all use proper gfx card
  3. BinaryMage

BinaryMage New Member

Thanks Received:
    I doubt it. The entire point of AMD's APUs is to integrate halfway-decent graphics capability. When you put a discrete card in there, you're essentially wasting a good portion of the APU. I have no clue what ASUS was thinking. Maybe they just wanted to get a board out there and for some reason couldn't get something working?

Wait a second. btarunr, I don't know where you got this, but I don't think that it's legitimate. The only thing I can find on this motherboard is your post; nothing on ASUS's website, nothing on Google except this thread and some website that copied your post.
  4. Reeves-81 New Member

Thanks Received:
    :wtf: seriously :wtf:
  5. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    I thought the whole point of an APU was to have gfx, and therefore display, all in one? is there a header for display somewhere we can't see? I guess it would be ok if you plan to crossfire a compatible card with it...
  6. OneCool

OneCool

Thanks Received:
    Do I smell wood screws and epoxy?
  7. Regenweald

Thanks Received:
    Actually, Llano will offer hybrid graphics in tandem with a discrete gpu, exactly the option I was contemplating for my next upgrade today. By using an APU and low-mid range GPU in tandem, one can cut cost but still have reasonably powerful graphics perf and be able to spend more in other areas of a build. SSD, monitor etc....
  8. BinaryMage

BinaryMage New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nonetheless, having no display output still makes no sense.