1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS HD 6950 DCII 2GB or Gainward GTX 480

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by veritasMAXIMUS, Oct 12, 2011.

1. veritasMAXIMUS New Member

Thanks Received:
    So these are my options--> 6950 Brand new. cost $260 & GTX480 used. around $ 230

:eek::eek: help me out guys :ohwell:

2. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    I would get the 6950, dcII especially is a very nice card maybe even unlocks.

veritasMAXIMUS says thanks.
  3. veritasMAXIMUS New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's my biggest worry is it gonna unlock or not?:( its not the same for custom PCB. specially since asus got rid of the dual bios..:cry::cry:for some people it works for some it doesn't.i wish there is proper TuT to UNLOCK ASUS 6950 DCII 2 GB:ohwell::ohwell:...if i can i would definitely go with 6950
    :rockout::rockout:

4. Canzara

Thanks Received:
    I just got an xfx 6950 2gb last week. My intention when I bought it was to unlock it, but after reading up on it, including reviews of unlocked and locked the gain really didn't seem worth the risk.
    The benchmark scores were nearly identical overclocked as they were unlocked...Granted you can unlock and overclock, but again it was only a marginal difference.
    This card plays everything at max, at least everything I've tried at 1080 np at all...
    This would be a better purchase then the 480 if only for resale value next year when you decide you need a new video card....the 480 won't be worth anything next year..