1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus HD 7770 2Gb, Not Working, Currently Have Intergrated... HELP

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by TylerAndHisComputer, Jun 7, 2014.

1. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    witch doesn't matter in the slightest all gpuz and windows can tell is if the gpu CORE is working it can't tell if it can actually output video or not
    if the IGPU is disabled in the bios and the monitor is plugged into the card and you still don't have any video on POST or when booting into windows then odds are the card is defective

2. redeye

redeye

Thanks Received:
    BTW, the yellow triangle (in the device manager) means the driver is not installed on the 7770.

you could right click on the 7770 in the device manager, select update driver, then navigate the the driver location, (tends to be c:/amd/driver/ "newest driver name"/ then look for the .inf file. but this is a bit complicated so the standard method is best...

so....

ok, down load the driver uninstaller...
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html

install the display driver uninstaller.

then uninstall the amd driver via the control panel...

then using msconfig.exe, set the computer to boot into safe mode. (or press f8 while computer is booting, to get in to then windows boot options (you may also get to the Bios boot menu) so the msconfig method is easier... )(google msconfig on how to use it)

when in safe mode, run the dusplay driver uninstaller, and check only the boxes that apply to the the graphics card. (don't worry about the integrated graphics driver it will be reinstalled) (if you have an AMD motherboard, avoid removing the MB drivers ...won't crash computer but you'll need to reinstall the MB drivers... just better to watch that you don't remove those)

go back to msconfig, and set it to normal boot, then reboot.

when on the desktop, download the latest AMD graphics card drivers.

install them, it should go smoothly... and your graphics card should be working.

TylerAndHisComputer says thanks.
  3. TylerAndHisComputer

Thanks Received:

Okay, thankyou for your very positive responses.
    That will be my next method of trying, thankyou again.

4. TylerAndHisComputer

Thanks Received:

Also, that yellow triangle disappears when i disable the integrated gfx and enable the 7770; i assume it is there as a clash error or something

5. redeye

redeye

Thanks Received:
    when you do that which card is the monitor connected to?.

6. TylerAndHisComputer

Thanks Received:
    The integrated.

I never get any signal when using the 7770.

I only have 'picture' when using the integrated.

The only reason i am able to view with the 7770 plugged in is because i set it to 'OnBoardVGA' in bios.

7. redeye

redeye

Thanks Received:
    any chance that you forgot to plug in the pcie power cable to the 7770?...

sometimes using a dvi cable, or a vga cable works.

so when you change the default graphics in the bios to pcie, (and save the bios settings)...

connect to monitor to the 7770 them turn on the computer you should see a picture on it.

if not

have you tried moving the 7770 to another pcie slot?... (i had a bad first pcie slot on a sabertooth 990fx.... i had to rma it, because the pcie slot was bad.)

otherwise you may need to rma it. (or return it if you bought in the last week, or exchange it)

8. TylerAndHisComputer

Thanks Received:

The motherboard i have currently; is not a very good one.
    It only has one PCI-E slot ahaha.
    The power cable and all needed cables are plugged in.
    I have tried VGA, HDMI, DVI, all the possibles and still no signal.

The possibility is i will need to rma it.

9. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

test the vga card in another system, if same issue return it to the *retailer/*e-tailer and or raise an RMA if still in warranty

[*on occasions levy a charged if the product is found not to be faulty when tested or require a restocking fee]

atb

Law-II

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  10. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    \the op has stated multiple times that his card does not display video on POST hes been though the bios and checked all the settings the problem has NOTHING todo with drivers or software of ANYKIND and if you accually bothered to look up his board it only has ONE PCIe SLOT read the thread before replying pls

11. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    And even if he didnt theres no need to be such a dick about it.

I acknowledge that you know a lot of stuff about tech on this site that other people dont know. Ive heard you talk about stuff on TS and you know your shit. But you gotta work on them people skills, be less condescending etc

redeye says thanks.