1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Intros ROG Vulcan ANC Gaming Headset

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jan 10, 2011.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    ASUS announced a new stereo headset for gamers under its reputed Republic of Gamers (ROG) series, the ROG Vulcan ANC (active noise cancellation). The ROG Vulcan ANC is styled with a monolithic band design, using tough plastic and high-quality leather. The signature black+red color scheme is used in combination with the ROG logo on a carbon fiber (lookalike?) plate. The headset uses around the ear cushioning which provides a level of noise reduction. This is bolstered with active noise cancellation of up to 30 dB.

The headset also packs a noise-canceling microphone. Sound is delivered by 40 mm drivers. A clip-on volume control and mic-mute gives you quick access to volume and helps keep in-game chatter clean. ASUS' ROG Vulcan ANC headset will be available soon. The company didn't give out pricing.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds expensive to me, but Asus has got good sound department, so, when its released, Frederik S can take a look?
  3. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    These look pretty nice, really wondering how they will fair against the likes of Sennheiser.
  4. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Thanks Received:
    Odd plugs, there's no need for 4 section plugs, only certain phone (and now some ultra-thin notebooks) use those kind of connectors.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22mgeYZ-sc8 Asus video talking about the "tech" and showing the "real deal" rather than renderings.

I think I prefer the Cooler Master headset, I like non leather/leather effect ear pads http://www.techpowerup.com/live/images/CES_2011/cooler_master_001.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlf7CEzlCQI&feature=player_detailpage#t=92s] video of the CM ones
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  5. blu3flannel

blu3flannel

Thanks Received:
    I don't want to see renditions of the set, I want to see the actual set! :shadedshu Hopefully they'll have a nice range and a nice price though.
  6. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did i read right in LEATHER?!?!?!?!??!!!!!!!!!1111111ONEONEONE
  7. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Noise cancelling is pretty useless in gaming headsets not because it doesn't work (it does and more than likely does a wonderful job) but because it probably adds quite a bit more dough to the price.

After watching the video, the headset looks pretty decent. However until Asus have established excellent reputation as a gaming peripheral maker, they will be less likely to get chosen in a battle against Steelseries or Razer (or such).
  8. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    I dig em, I would like a budget minded competitor to Senhieser, to prevent price rape. I would like to get my hands on these and try them out.
  9. mxjcmxjc New Member

Thanks Received:
    *Yawn* Wake me up when the images are not just renders and they have a price.