1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus lcd Post Stays On even when the pc off

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Live OR Die, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    Hi can some one just let me know if there systems do the same i have a asus striker extreme with core 2 duo e6600 with 4x1 gb kingston 677 ram, 8800 gts, 3 hdds, 750w toughpower, will i used to be running one nvidia 7600gt and im shure the back lcd poster light whent off when i turned off the pc but it stays on now i've tried even think in the bios but still no hope can some just let me no if thats normal or do i have short on my board any help would be great thanks :confused:

2. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think there's must be normal, some mobos don't turn off all the PC components like the Mouse or the Keyboard, the system remains shut-down and you can still see the optical light on the mouse and the green-yellow led on the keyboard. Only when you completely disconnect the PC (when you unplug the Power cable from the PSU) the system fully shuts-down.

So don't panic, if the light upsets you just turn it off like I said before, otherway leave it there.

SALUDOS!!!

Live OR Die says thanks.
  3. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:

I dont think there are to many people with that MB... however, I used to have it and if I recall correctly it went off when you powered down.

I know there are opions in the bios for it to be on or off while it is on...... but dont think there is anything about it while powered off

Live OR Die says thanks.
  4. caveman_1990

caveman_1990 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Live or die: I have the same problem as well althrough my MOBE is Commando it still has a LCD poster. I try to change it in the BIOS but it did not help. So what I do now it turn off the main power switch this saves electricity bills aswell

Live OR Die says thanks.
  5. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    thanks

thanks for all the in put i just want to know because it never use to stay on and only thing iv upgraded is my video card 8800gts and dont know when it started sayin on and dont have the old one to see thanks again

6. Judas

Judas

Thanks Received:
    Weird problem you have.. my LCD on my crosshair works just fine ,have you tried a Bios update that might help

7. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    bios

yes i have the latest bios installed owell just some think i have to put up with i guess

8. rakesh27 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guys,

I think i know why the lcd poster light stays on after pc has been shut down, if you have a usb powered hub connected to your pc the juice from that will power the light.

Give it a go, before u shut down unplug any usb powered device then shut down, and see what happens.

Please update with what happens ?

9. pagalms

pagalms

Thanks Received:
    When you turn off your PC, PSU still gives 5v to motherboard through its +5vsb (standby) line. This is one of countless reasons why i hate my abit mobo - it has 2 bright red LEDs, which stays on when pc is turned off, just like your LCD. ;)