1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus M4A89GTD pro @ Memory issue (new Ram needed??)

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Hellfire, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I currently have a bit of a problem with my system, Cold Boot errors with windows7 and it turns out to be replaced to the Motherboard/Ram Combo,

I have confirmed with Asus/Gskill that the ram I currently have (4x 2gb of F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ running in dual channel @ 1600/1333) is not on the QVL of supported ram, this is annoying as I bought this PC custom built and was suppose to get Corsair XMS3 Ram which is supported but this was replaced due to no stock, but that's another issue)

So it seems I will need new ram, I am taking it up with the actual company I purchased the computer from and I'll see what they say however if for some reason I need to get my own new ram can anyone advice on some good stuff, in case I have to sell the Gskill and replace it with new RAM, but if anyone can recommend some good stuff. Cheaper the better, but I do not wish to skip on quality.

Cheers. alternatively if anyone knows around this issue, thanks.
  2. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    I just have one question: Why do you need 8gb of ram?

Are you sure it is not just a bios issue or voltage issue? I don't really care weather a vendor is on a qualified list or not. Just because you're not doesn't mean that memory won't work with the board. It could just be down to the fact that they havn't tested it yet.

Fwiw, I would try bumping cpu-nb volts seeing as your running 4 dimms and see if that doesn't help your problem.