1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Mars II Dual GTX 580 3092M

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by W1zzard, Aug 16, 2011.

1. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    $1500 dollars lol... Look at NCIX and what they have it listed at... LOOK HERE
  2. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That's for an entire desktop based on Mars II.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  3. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I see its under desk top but whats the other hardware consist of? I didn't see any thing.
  4. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    First, the title of that sale page is "NCIXPC Vesta Mars 2 Edition" and not "ASUS ROG MARS II". Second, the item is, like you said, filed under consumer desktops, not video cards.

NCIX Vesta is the name of an NCIX-branded consumer desktop. Vesta looks to be a new model name, because there's no base model that I can find on that site. "Mars 2 Edition" could mean that on top of its default configuration, it uses a MARS II graphics card.
  5. modmadness

Thanks Received:
    It is a really cool piece of technology. That aircooler on there really has me convinced that it works good and I know nf200 chips from the nvidia 780sli motherboard,and gtx295 graphic cards. Alright price ain't that bad considering gtx590 are hard to find ebay lettin um go at 1,000 to 1,100 no returns excepted; then the waterblock extra 167-180 after shipping if I'm lucky.
    My question is simple can I sli this asus with my evga? that's thee only thing standing in my way it's worth the money but not worth the risk of getting something I can't use with the gtx590 I already have. just want to know if it works not if I would need to downclock the asus card. That where the aircooler on it comes into play I may not have to use a waterblock on that thing! Yes I want a Asus mars2 card so I can downclock it to my evga 590 speed,because it comes with a paperwork unlike ebay!;and a good sized aircooler.
    I know my gtx590 has the 16chip not the nf200 so with that in mind I don't know if it would work with my 590(to good to be true);and yes I have 2 nf200's on my Gigabyte UD9 unlike the single one on a asus rampage 3. If anyone out there could answer the question: Does Asus mars 2 gtx590 work with other gtx590's? Then I would be thankful! If not it don't matter anyway not everyone needs three nf200 chips or four on their mainboard; Nvidia 16chip is the new tech that's the bottom line.
  6. modmadness

Thanks Received:
    four 20 years I have been into computer's always watching out for asus. I want something that can play a little bit more than dead space 2. I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. modmadness

Thanks Received:
    And here's some food for thought I know for a fact with the nvidia cards I have tested and the results that I have gotton with my UD9 Gigabyte mainboard that with two nvidia graphics cards positioned in line with the two nf200 chips on my mainboard that I got better results than any other pci-x16 slot on my board So! that tells me just because you can run sli with one nf200 chip does not make it fast,and even tho Asus has a expander card for the rampage 3 extreme with nf200 chips would probably have to get an expander just to run two cards in sli at a high rate of speed and with the asus mars two that brings the total to 5 nf200 chips on a system. Having two nf200 chips matters even when all you have is two cards in sli. Like I said if the asus mars works with what I got I'll get it. I ain't afraid of threes chips on my mainboard. Shoot this is my third comment in a row! but don't make me believe that it is the way regular computer engineering is suppose to work. In fact logic like that builds and build without anyone noticing and then one day boom! everything is messed up and redundant in the wrong sort of way.
  8. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    I have completed dead space 2 with my settings all maxed out.
    Something more than my card 9500GT is a 9600GS
  9. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    but i love the looks and the size
    it must be rock if you put in mid tower case :toast: but you need to cut your case first so it can plug in right
  10. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    It seems like a lot of people are still totally misunderstanding this card. There's no point in blathering on about how it's so expensive. This is not for the standard gamer/user. This is strictly a proof-of-concept for people who don't care about price. That is it, flat out. This is not meant to compete in any price : performance segment. It is only meant to show that Asus can make engineering masterpieces. Can 580 SLI beat it? Yes, but it's not the point.

The point is it's f*cking awesome, crazy, huge, hot, loud, and expensive. While it might not maintain a performance value a year or two down the road, it will maintain its value as a unique collectors item.
  11. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    I guess you cant run crysis 2 in DX11 with the HD pack with out losing the benches from the other cards.
  12. Chappy

Chappy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll just wait for kepler or maxell than buying this over priced sli'd gtx 580... LoL!
  13. Boilerhog

Boilerhog New Member

Thanks Received:
    This shoulda come with a Tee Shirt,:banghead:
  14. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    ... for that price you would be better going with 2 590s...
  15. Chappy

Chappy New Member

Thanks Received:
    That will probably perform better...

GTX 590 SLI Review