1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus mk241h hdmi not working....maybe

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by samijokipuu, Mar 2, 2009.

1. samijokipuu New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey, i got a problem i have a asus mk241h screen 24'' wide and two gtx 295 but when i put the hdmi cable in,the screen just says no signal, it works just fine with the dvi, haven't tried it with vga but the card doesn't even support it and no real reason to even try it but besides the point, where is the problem?i'm sure the solution is easy but i'm not seeing it right now, and what's the difference between hdmi and dvi, also a question that isn't related but i don't get any audio in cod waw the audio in everything else works just fine the system is logitech x-540 if i remember correctly 5.1 surround, thanks in advance.

2. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory

Thanks Received:
    Do you have any other hdmi device or a friend with one? You can hook it up and see if there's a video signal. If so, then the hdmi on your card is broken.

3. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I dont mean to insult your intelligence, but your monitor will have a channel setting IE HDMI, CMP, VID, COMP, VGA etc for different inputs, although most monitors auto detect, others dont.
    Mine has a VGA and CMP input channel. My 42in has vid1, vid2, cmp1, cmp2, hdmi1, hdmi2, hdmi3, comp.

4. samijokipuu New Member

Thanks Received:
    there is a button witch switches between the 3 outputs but like i said only the dvi is getting a signal, and i don't have another place to test the hdmi whether it works or not.

5. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory

Thanks Received:
    Don't know any1 with a ps3 or xbox 360?