• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus motherboard unique start-up ( faulty ? )?

burak

Had this build working perfectly until 2 months after i built it:

- My case start button does not work ( only very rarely ),

-I am pressing the start button on my motherboard, which does not work ( only very rarely it will ) I have found that the only solution to switching on the computer is when i physically push ( with great force ) the [ power SW ] cable coming from the case and at the same time press the start button on the motherboard.

- Once i get my motherboard running, it is perfectly fine, until i shut it down, i need to physically apply force to the POWER SW cable and hit the START button on the motherboard to get it working. i have run most diagnostics, still cannot figure out where the problem lies.

- I have un-assembled everything, put all the parts back together.
- I have swapped over the RESET cable to the POWER SW slot
- I have tried to short the POWER SW pins ( does not boot )

* when i removed my cpu chip, i realised one single bent pin on the cpu socket, however i think i might have bent it in the process of removing this. i am not sure if a single bent pin would cause a wierd boot issue" id="yui_3_9_1_9_1398302965652_610" style="margin-bottom: 10px;">I have a Asus maximus V gene. z77 chipset;

- My case start button does not work ( only very rarely ),

-I am pressing the start button on my motherboard, which does not work ( only very rarely it will ) I have found that the only solution to switching on the computer is when i physically push ( with great force ) the [ power SW ] cable coming from the case and at the same time press the start button on the motherboard.

- Once i get my motherboard running, it is perfectly fine, until i shut it down, i need to physically apply force to the POWER SW cable and hit the START button on the motherboard to get it working. i have run most diagnostics, still cannot figure out where the problem lies.

- I have un-assembled everything, put all the parts back together.
- I have swapped over the RESET cable to the POWER SW slot
- I have tried to short the POWER SW pins ( does not boot )

* when i removed my cpu chip, i realised one single bent pin on the cpu socket, however i think i might have bent it in the process of removing this. i am not sure if a single bent pin would cause a weird boot issue