1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus P5N-MX

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by JohnnyLJ, May 8, 2014.

1. JohnnyLJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello guys, I've had a dell pc for a while now and recently got told that there is a Asus P5N-MX Motherboard in it because the original board broke like a year ago, Anyway....... The Asus P5N-MX motherboard that is in there now needs replacing as its packed up, I cant seem to find this motherboard anywhere as its been discontinued, Does anybody know where I can get 1? Or if there is an alternative motherboard that will fit into the box I have? Many hanks in advance....... John.
  2. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Mind taking a picture of the motherboard?. If it's a standard mATX or ATX or even ITX size, you can buy any motherboard with the same LGA socket. If it's a custom designed shape, you might have to check somewhere like fleabay. Found it

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mATX nforce 7050 775
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
  3. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    You can try PC Planet. Never used them, so I can,t vouch for 'em.

That is a mATX motherboard, you might be able to do some upgrades if you desire.
    You may be able to get a more up to date board for less; however you may have to update other parts, like CPU, memory,PSU, etc.
    Or, it may be time for a complete new system.
    Or, just go with your original plan.

Here is an article that may be of interest to you: Before Buying a Micro ATX Motherboard, You Should Know These Facts
    Good luck in whatever you do.

Also, what made you conclude the board you have now is DOA?