1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus P6T Deluxe vs ASRock Supercomputer

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Aleksander, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    I have heard that the asrock mobo is better in power consumption, but the asus p6t deluxe v2 is a real beast even in power consumption they are the same category when it comes to price. Can anyone help me in judging which is best and tell me what are the prices right now in the market?
    I am willing to know the mobos before buying. After all i am stuck with these 2 mobos and i want to wait a lot in order to buy the new amd 890GX high end mobos till may release. They should come in july in my country so till then i have made a lot of money and want to spend about 450$ for the new coming out mobo. Here in europe they cost a lot but for me the most important part in a computer is the motherboard. Hope u will help me and i would greatly apprechiate the help of you guys. After all the difference between these mobos would be crucial in the motherboards in the future
  2. Exeodus

Exeodus

Thanks Received:
    You can't go wrong with either one. I believe the Asrock has a better slot arrangement for 3-way SLI or CrossfireX. I do believe the ASUS has proven to be a better overclocker, but I may be mistaken on that.
    Aleksander says thanks.
  3. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I use the Asus P6T deluxe V2 for 4.2ghz 24/7 and have hit over 4.4, not the greatest, but yeah a solid board, only good for 2 VGA cards but.

minuscule vdroop without load line calibration, with it, the vcore actually goes Up a tiny little bit, both ever so slight.

Also i would-have liked more sata personally. and a pci-e 1x (pci-x?) instead of one of its pci ports. other than that it's been rockin' my i7 920 for almost 9 months at this speed.
    Aleksander says thanks.
  4. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    Thank you guys, now what about the prices in europe?
  5. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I come from a land down under mate, haven't got a boomerangs wallaby what the prices are in Europe :)
  6. TeXBill

TeXBill

Thanks Received:
    I have the AsRock X58 Extreme and haven't had any problems with it. I've owned the board for about 6 months now, got a core i7 960 DO OC to 4.0GHZ stable 24/7 @ 1.2V. I have had it up to 4.4GHZ with 1.3v stable, but for using it 24/7 I leave it @ 4.0GHZ and fold with it 24/7. I have 2 XFX GTX285's in SLI on it with 12gigs of Gskill Trident 1866MHZ memory. All of it mounted in a Antec Skeleton case and cooled with water. This setup is a beast and will play any game @ decent FPS NP.:rockout: The board sells on Newegg here in the USA for around $160.00 bucs.:eek:
    Aleksander says thanks.
    More than 25k PPD