• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus P8H77-M memory compatibility question

ShadiWulf

OK, so I bought some new parts today to update my computer and make it go fast and stuff... but... the RAM i bought Corsair
8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 4GB Memory Modules)
won't allow my system to boot at all, the RAM light flashes, indicating the RAM isn't compatible, I tried pushing the Ram-fix button or whatever they call it, which can fix compatibility issues sometimes but it didn't do anything.

So i ordered some new ram at Microcenter that I'll pick up tomorrow when I exchange the other ram

Kingston
HyperX blu 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 4GB Memory Modules)

according to kingstons website this stuff should work.. if it's the stuff I think it is. Microcenter doesn't list the model number for some reason. I compared it's specs to the newegg page though, and the newegg page matched the model number that Kingston said would be compatible...

sigh.. crossing my fingers.. was all excited about today

what do you guys think? Think this new kingston ram should work?

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=7&Mfr=ASU&Line=P8 Motherboard&Model=77793

Last edited: