1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Detailed

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Mar 6, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    ASUS unveiled a new mini-ITX motherboard based on the Intel Z77 chipset, supporting LGA1155 processors, the P8Z77-I Deluxe. Despite is ultra-compact form the designers crammed in as many features as possible, including a powerful 10-phase Digi+ VRM. ASUS found an ingenious way of designing the VRM area, by raising it to a (fixed?) add-on card north of the CPU socket. This VRM riser has the electrical controller, the 10-phase VRM, complete with chokes, drivers, and FETs, and a MOSFET heatsink. This board is one of the few of its form-factor that draws power from an 8-pin EPS, apart from the 24-pin ATX.

The LGA1155 socket is wired to two full-length DDR3 DIMM slots, supporting dual-channel DDR3 memory, and a PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slot. There are four SATA ports on board, two each of SATA 6 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s. Connectivity includes 6-channel HD audio with 7.1 channel optical SPDIF output, four USB 3.0 ports (two front, two rear), gigabit Ethernet, wireless b/g/n network controller, and a number of USB 2.0 ports. The board features UEFI BIOS, and USB BIOS Flashback. Expect the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe to launch in April. More variants, based on this exact design, can be expected.

[​IMG]

Source: Lab501.ro

2. Ikaruga

Ikaruga

Thanks Received:
    Looks like a really good board. Perhaps they could have designed it in a way to put the sata ports onto the edge, but maybe it was not possible with so many features in such a small space.

3. wrathchild_67

Thanks Received:
    Bastards. There were no great overclocking Z68 Mini ITX boards, but Asus goes straight for the overclocker right out of the gate when the Z77 releases...

4. NHKS

NHKS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good to see Asus going 'all-out' with the mini-ITX form factor. Never before have I seen the VRM on riser card on a MB, let alone a mini-ITX one. :eek: This board brimming with features could be more popular than Zotac's Z68 mini-ITX was last year.

The location of SATA ports could be an inconvenience when surrounded with a graphics card, CPU cooler(like Scythe Big Shuriken 2) & RAM(with heat sinks). But this is a great effort from Asus nonetheless. :rockout:

Imagine a SFF case(Silverstone Sugo SG-07/08) housing this board with an i7 & HD 7970 (or) maybe a GTX 680 !! :cool:

5. Breathless New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!

6. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    My dad's Gigabyte GA-7NNXP (Socket A/nForce 2 400) had a 3 phase system on the board as well as a Dual Power VRM daughter card (had 3 more phases and fan-cooled MOSFETs). Was an awesome board until the fake Nichicon capacitors popped. :(

NHKS says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  7. NHKS

NHKS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the info! was back in 2003 right!..

with nforce2 & Silicon Image on board it could handle 10 ATA devices.. 5 PCI slots.. that was indeed impressive on specs..