1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus P8Z77-M Pro or ASRock Professional-M

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Kantastic, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking to get a motherboard to complete my rig, and these are the top two in my price range. I took a gamble on an open box Maximus V Gene from Newegg, but that came looking like a trainwreck, and it was recertified so I sent it back. This rig should have been completed like 2 weeks ago!

Anyway, which of the two would you pick? I can get them both for the same price if I shop around, so lets assume that they're both $150 shipped.

ASRock Z77 Professional-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI ...
    ASUS P8Z77-M PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/...

2. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    I have the M-Pro and its a solid board, I use it for an HTPC, so I can't comment on its OCing ability.

Never had a double post like the Z68/P67 boards, worked with even crappy store-brand ram, great power saving options.

3. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    well u get 8 sata connectors on the AsRock board (4xSATA 6Gb/s and 4xSATA 3Gb/s) where u on the Asus get only 6 sata connectors (2xSATA 6GB/s and 4xSATA 3Gb/s).

e-sata ports the Asus got 2 where the AsRock only got 1.

Audio is Realtek ALC892 vs. Realtek ALC898.

if it was me i would have taken the AsRock so i got more internal HDD connectors i find that nice for my own personal use.

4. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Seems like the AsRock Professional-M is trying to compete with the Asus Maximus V Gene, though it does come short in certain areas.

Thanks guys, I'm going with the AsRock.