1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS P8Z77-v pro/thunderbolt motherboard, BIOS problem. system wont start

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by prestoopnik, Sep 18, 2012.

1. prestoopnik New Member

Thanks Received:
    so I'm building my first system and I got as far as the lights and fans turning on... when I turn the system on the fans and lights turn on(as previously stated) and the BOOT_DEVICE_LED turns on as solid red. As well as a single short beep which the manual says means the VGA is detected, quick boot is set to disable, no keyboard detected.

my specs are:

-ASUS P8Z77-v-pro/thunderbolt motherboard

-cool master haf-x case

-intel core i5-3570

-MSI geforce 660 ti PE

-cool master Silent Pro M 1000W

-G.Skill trident X series 16gb(2x8gb) (placed in slots A2 and B2 as the manual suggested)

-western digital 1TB caviar green

-and i can't figure out exactly what my disc drive is

I've looked up some possible solutions one being that my bios is outdated and doesn't support the chip I have set up in my motherboard. I tried doing a USB BIOS flashback but either it didn't work or I was doing it wrong which is very possible. However a lot of the other people who I saw who were having similar problems had the bios working when i turn my system on nothing comes up on the screen (which I have plugged into the DVI)

On the ASUS website on their support page ( http://www.service.asus.com/#!Downloads/c1wax ) I looked at the BIOS updates and one says that it supports new CPUs. and if it is a new BIOS that I need how would I go about doing so?
  2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    normally when a chip is not supported out of the box, you normally have to use a older CPU actually to update the bios

I hope no pins were damaged or burnt.

I would honestly contact Asus and see what they have to say and maybe even put a review on newegg
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012