1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by cadaveca, Nov 27, 2011.

1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Installing drivers before OS install? I know that's pretty basic, but that's all you should have to do(assuming you set RAID in BIOS).

2. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    yea I did that but it gives me an error when I try to boot windows after the install... it tells me the drivers are missing from system32 (ie it gives me the cannot find blablabla.sys) even though I checked and its there, and even if I manually put it etc it still gives me the error

3. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    huh, that's a weird one. Maybe hit up the ROG forums, see if they got a fix, or if you haven't you may also want to update the the latest BIOS and try a re-install with the most recent driver from Intel's site.

4. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    yea it's weird, and I did the other 2 things so I guess I'll try the forums :p with my UD3R Gigabyte x58 it was plug and play, didn't even use the drivers or anything

5. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    It SHOULD be that painless, for sure. I mean ,you need RAID drivers, for sure, because the board is much newer than Windows is, but other than that...

I installed RAID onto my WD 500 GB drives no problem.