1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS' Retail-Grade P6X58D Premium Motherboard Pictured

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Oct 26, 2009.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    After releasing a wave of socket LGA-1156 motherboards under the P7P55D series, ASUS is ready with its newest socket LGA-1366 offering, based on the Intel X58 Express chipset, supporting Core i7 "Bloomfield" processors. The P6X58D Premium first surfaced back in July, but hit development roadblocks due to industry-wide issues with the SATA 6 Gb/s controller it used, which now seem to have been ironed-out. It brings to the table support for new technologies such as USB 3.0, and SATA 6 Gb/s, along with making use of the company's Xtreme Phase motherboard component design. The two SATA 6 Gb/s ports are color-coded white, and placed next to the SATA 3 Gb/s ports color-coded blue, provided by the ICH10R southbridge. The white ports are driven by a Marvell SATA 6 Gb/s controller. The two USB 3.0 ports on the other hand, are color-coded blue, and are placed next to the PS/2 connectors on the rear-panel. They are driven by an NEC-made controller.

The LGA-1366 socket is powered by a 16-phase circuit. The six DDR3 memory slots support up to 24 GB of DDR3 memory across a triple-channel (192-bit) memory interface. Components, heatsinks, and slots on the board stick to the blue/white/black color-scheme. Heatsinks over the VRM, northbridge, and southbridge are connected by heatpipes. Expansion slots include three PCI-Express 2.0 x16 (electrically x16, x8, x8, or x16, x16, NC, depending on how they're populated), two PCI, and one PCI-Express x1. Connectivity includes two gigabit Ethernet interfaces, USB 3.0, FireWire, and a number of USB 2.0 ports. ASUS-exclusive features include Precision Tweaker 2 (that provides voltage control with a fine-resolution), Stepless Frequency Selection, and ASUS CPU Parameter Recall. The new motherboard should reach markets this November.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: Bright Side of News
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    WarEagleAU says thanks.
  2. REVHEAD New Member

Thanks Received:
    This board looks pretty decant.
  3. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    Asus eats slots for breakfast.
    They just ate the top slot for late dinner.
    Tomorrow they will eat the reset and power key for Tri-fire/SLi.
  4. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Again with the pastel colours - gross! Still, I'm not starting the whole "motherboard aesthetics shouldn't matter blah blah blah" argument, because they do to me & that's what counts.

Price, performance, features and aesthetics.
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    looks nice, lets just hope you dont need those PCI slots

(due to the coloring of the slots, i dont think you can crossfire/SLI with the bottom two slots, making it impossible to use this board, dual GPU and PCI sound cards)
  6. Rakesh95 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, This one of the very few without an IDE port if im right, hope other companies will follow this.

I do think that 1 pci if not any should be required, perhaps another pci e 1x or 4x
  7. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like it, although I would of preferred black on black.

yum.
  8. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No more single IDE connector...my P6T still has that. comes in handy to back up old drives...
  9. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow. Sata 6gb and usb 3.0 but NO esata!!

:shadedshu:shadedshu
  10. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Love the board and the colors. Let's see if they follow suit with an AM3 board now.
  11. Weer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I hate boards that have only 6 expansion slots.
  12. MetalRacer

MetalRacer

Thanks Received:
  13. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    About time there was a new X58 board... can always count on asus to use proper colors. Gigabyte, biostar and just about every board maker besides evga pick colors too gross looking to put in any system with a side window.
  14. dr emulator (madmax)

dr emulator (madmax)

Thanks Received:
    i agree that connector will get used on my new machine when i get one :laugh:
    although there's always a usb caddy which i've not used before and don't know how good they are with data transfer
    ( i'm sure another member here will tell us all whether they are worth having ;) )