1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus RMA=Unacceptable and Appalling

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by srsparky32, Apr 27, 2012.

1. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Its ok bog.... he know EVERYTHING........:rolleyes:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. OneMoar

OneMoar New Member

Thanks Received:
    *knows
    and yes I do :>
    also ... read though this ..
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1248986/asus-rma-unacceptable-and-appalling
    tl:Dr they don't make that board anymore you are not gonna get a new one and you knew that going in .... then you bash asus on TWO different forums ....
    thats just poor taste ....
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  3. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I was talking in my "Y U NO GUY" voice :)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. OneMoar

OneMoar New Member

Thanks Received:
    wut ?
  5. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    BlackOmega says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. OneMoar

OneMoar New Member

Thanks Received:
  7. BlackOmega

BlackOmega

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't matter if the board was second hand or not, as someone else already mentioned, Asus goes by serial number. If it's within warranty, they have to honor it.
    Also, they need to send an RMA replacement in working condition with all hardware that was originally on the board.
    The piss poor replacement they sent is, technically, unusable due to the missing screws. Whether or not it's a simple fix, even for the user, is irrelevant. They have an OBLIGATION to send you a COMPLETE and functioning replacement. Neither of which they have done.
    I'd definitely get on the horn with them and have them send it overnight --at their expense.

As for posting it on multiple forums, I don't think it's in poor taste. People have a right to know, and spreading the word is vital. If enough people stop buying their products because of poor support, they'll take notice and, hopefully, rectify the situation.
    mm67 and Kreij say thanks.
  8. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Right on, That is completely unacceptable RMA.
    I dont get why ppl are defending asus, yea it not hard to put screws back in a heatsink but had he been an average user and not noticed the screws missing, fired the machine up and had the heatsink fall off there could be serious issues.

I would even go so far as to try and shaft them and say that that unsecured heatsink fell off and shorted one of my non asus gfx cards out, screw me asus nah I insist screw you:cool:
  9. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    People are only defending Asus because many of us have dealt with their RMAs and have not had this type of problem.
    Most of us know that this kind of thing can happen, and it pisses you off when it does, but it's not really fair to trash a whole company for a single bad experience.

That being said, to send a board or card in that condition is completely unacceptable and I would be in their face immediately. I've yet to find a company that will not make good on their warranties/replacements if you spend a little time working it out.
    Yes, you shouldn't have to do so, but that's life.
    95Viper says thanks.
  10. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    We want to see the e mai land there response. Please
  11. Yo_Wattup New Member

Thanks Received:
    You shouldve been clearer in the first place then. Your first post comes off as you received it from your retailer in that condition. You never said clearly that that is what it is like AFTER you got it back.

Harden up
  12. Raw

Raw

Thanks Received:
    Harden up?
    go away...

:cool:
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  13. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    From someone who normally keeps his cool, it's difficult to blame the OP for getting emotional. You paid good money for a defective product, and to rub salt into the wound, received junk customer service. It seems the OP should contact Asus with the images he provided in this thread, and update this thread as he progresses through the second RMA process. I would hate to see Asus lose a few customers due to the incompetence of a select few employees. While this won't significantly influence my future purchase decisions, it has its weight.
  14. coolhand411 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i hope you kidding ....or this could be the dumbest post i have seen in a while :shadedshu and i will not even try to explain why
    EDIT ; here is something to look at for all you Asus-boys
    http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Asus
  15. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    $hit happens. Contact asus and send them the pictures of the board. Maybe they will even forward you a new board or some kind of kickback for the inconvenience. Worth a shot. Or you could just try to fix the issue yourself and see if the board works.
  16. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    the pic dosnt help what your saying happend i can already see some paint missing off the nb in this pic, if this is the only pic you took i also call this bs unless you have more pics......

and it looks like the tim in the cpu socket was something a user would do, looks like you used to much tim and trying to blame asus for you not cleaning it up for your before sending it back... just my opinion :eek:
  17. tttony

tttony

Thanks Received:
    srsparky32 is it the same motherboard that you send it?
  18. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Ill just say this now, Just shit can the board you got and go for a different one
  19. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    what :confused: :laugh:
  20. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty sure I know what happened here.

When the board was returned to ASUS, it was sent to someone (not actually part of ASUS) but contracted to resolve the issue and obviously was having a bad day or had some lackey look after the situation who did a top notch muck up of it.
  21. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  22. adulaamin

adulaamin

Thanks Received:
    you sir are not being helpful... you're totally contradicting what's in your sig... What makes you so sure he bought it 2nd hand or from ebay? :wtf:

@OP: Call Asus... explain what happened then come back here... :)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    OMG: i had no idea ASUS' support was this bad.

The board i'm currently using is the 1st non ASUS board i've used since 1996: got tired of their "quality" support ...
  24. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    Post more pics of the board you sent back and we will try to believe you, you can see scratches on the bottom of the northbridge on your supposed prestine board you sent back so we don't even know if the board your saying was replaced is actually just the same board but they denied it because it was probably in that condition to begin with, and the thermal paste, come on dude . . . . . . every time you take off the damn heatsink you have to deal with cleaning up some thermal paste, thats a non issue.

You need more proof to backup your rant my friend.
  25. STCNE

STCNE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Still better than my experience with ASUS.

Had a Maximus III, had a few issues like a dead RAM slot, and ethernet ports with 1000ms latency(my ISP is horrible so it didn't really matter, online gaming not allowed :/), after a year and a half of minor issues the board croaked. Chances are it was from my PSU going out months before so I'll let ASUS off the hook for that one, I guess.

Month and a half later I had a new board on my doorstep, boxed up, brand new. It had bent pins on it. I got to ASUS as soon as possible, they responded 2 months later telling me to send it in.

A month later I get an email from an ASUS rep "It will cost $125 to fix the bent pins, our policy not to RMA boards with bent pins as its always customer damage" so I pretty much told them that it came that way back from them and that if they refused to repair it I'd complain to the BBB. They said they'd fix it.

Another month later and I get the same board back. There are a few MORE bent pins and the CPU bracket is half ripped off the board, so that it opens crooked. Later the day it was delivered I got an email that said something like "You should have paid our repair fee, we repair boards with our hands when you don't". Of course at that point the email service cut contact with me completely after I filed for my third RMA. I went on their facebook and asked for help, and my post got deleted. So I sat around with a faulty board for months not sure what to do next.

Around 4, yes 4 months after that I got an email from the ASUS tech again, apparently I had put a typo in the serial number when I filed the RMA, would have been nice to know that sooner, I had emailed about 10 times by then asking for my RMA number, and the status of the RMA I filed only to be ignored. By this point, they agreed to send a shipping label. They never did and I wasn't able to get in contact with them again.

So I went to the BBB, months went by, eventually the case closed and left a mark on ASUS's score. A month after that I got an email from ASUS through the BBB where they said they'd set up an RMA if I gave them the serial number. I sent it along with a thank you for finally getting back to me, and of course never heard from them again. The mark was removed as they had contacted me, but of course the BBB case was closed and they never followed up.

Last month I sold the board for $80, the buyer was able to fix it fortunately, the sad thing is that $80 didn't even cover all the shipping fees for the board going back and forth so many times.

I'm assuming something similar happened here. The ASUS support probably tried to extort a 'repair fee' from the OP, and when he refused 'repaired it by hand' as they put it. Really horrible company, really nasty customer support. I have no clue why so many people love ASUS boards so much. All of my friends who have ASUS boards have some kind of a problem with theirs. My one friend has a few dead RAM slots, my other friend's BIOS resets itself every so often and always has(mine did it about 3 times a year). One friend has an AMD board, one an Intel.

What really pisses me of isn't the fact that I got nowhere in a years worth of RMAing, but that I later found out that ASUS is supposed to have an 'advancedRMA' option for ROG boards. Pre-paid labels and 3 day turnaround for RMAs. I didn't know about it until a member of either this forum or OCN told me about a year ago, near the end of this whole thing. You'd think they'd mention that kind of thing, but nope... close to $100 worth of shipping charges I shouldn't have had to pay and months without a computer(very stressful when teachers demand typed work) because I'm only a high-school student(graduated now) who can't work due to an accident in gym class 3 years ago. While all this was going on I was slowly losing my ability to walk due to some nerve damage in my knees, so if it seems like I didn't push ASUS for the RMA that's why.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    HTC says thanks.