1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus Rma

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Nick259, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I bought an asus p5b-e plus from OCUK's b-grade a while ago. It was for my friends computer, which was finished about three weeks after I bought the motherboard. All was working fine but I had to put it in the corner for a few days while I waited for my friend to give me his floppy drive (so I could flash the bios) - all that info is in this thread.

Two days later I got the floppy drive and it wouldn't turn on. So as suggested by somebody in that thread i did a complete rebuild and it still didn't work. I then tested each component in another computer and they worked fine, so I concluded that the motherboard was borked. I then contacted OCUK and as I suspected "b grade items only have a 14 day warrant, f*ck off" was pretty much the resonse I got.

Of course then i contacted ASUS and now I have to BUY and RMA to them, isn't that rediculous? It will cost me £16, and the board is only really worth twice that. I haven't done any extensive testing, so if it turns out that it isn't faulty then I will have wasted all of that. This is the email resonse I got.

So basically i'm wondering what to do. Buy a £16 RMA to them or try and sell it as faulty and make maybe £10?