1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS ROG FORUMS ARE NOT CURRENTLY SAFE

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by seanmac, Aug 24, 2014.

1. seanmac

seanmac

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys,

Just a heads up,

Marshall@ Asus is currently looking into virus problems at the Asus Rog Forums.

Google Chrome has flagged the site unsafe and i had a read through the statistics of the website.

"
    What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 264 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 32 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2014-08-23, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2014-08-23.
    Malicious software includes 64 exploit(s), 32 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 8 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including alzeborert.com/, obuwiemedyczne.home.pl/, myfirepow.com/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including alzeborert.com/.

This site was hosted on 11 network(s) including AS701 (UUNET), AS20940 (AKAMAI-ASN1), AS7922 (COMCAST-7922).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, rog.asus.com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 5 site(s) including asusrog.com/, hexus.net/, outpost.be/."

rtwjunkie says thanks.
  2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    When have they ever been safe? ROFL. Nothing new to me, ASUS forum reps insist it's images or ads causing the issue. I just choose to stay away.

seanmac says thanks.
  3. seanmac

seanmac

Thanks Received:
    Oh Dear !

Well, thanks for the heads-up cadaveca. I wasn't aware their forums had that sort of reputation ! I'll tread warily. I'm using BitDefender Total Security so things should be fairly safe for me. I don't click on any user-posted links or anything.

P.S.

Looking forward to some reviews on the new DDR4 ram.

Have a great day.

4. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    I followed a link to their forum for a topic I was looking into, and McAfee SiteAdviser alerted me the site wasnt safe. Decided to listen and not go there.

5. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:

Meh as rtwjunie posted, it's a common thing users run into...not sure why/how/whatever... I just know that what many people complain about.

I'll have reviews once the platform is launched, 100% for sure. ;) I see some "previews" have been posted recently at other sites, so I've got a review ready for action when the time comes, and more on the way. ;)

seanmac and rtwjunkie say thanks.