1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus ROG Immensity concept-board pictured with heatsinks

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Yellow&Nerdy?, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Yellow&Nerdy?

Yellow&Nerdy?

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, saw this interesting article on http://www.fudzilla.com and decided to post it here at TPU.

As we know, Asus showed this board earlier at Computex, here's the TPU-article on it: http://www.techpowerup.com/123834/ASUS_Displays_ROG_Immensity_Concept_Motherboard.html So basically, Fudzilla has scored some detailed pics on the board. As mentioned, it is a X58 board with a Radeon 5000-series GPU with GDDR3 memory integrated on the board + two PCIe x16 slots, which all go to the Lucid Hydra chip. That means you can pair any card you like with the integrated one. My guess is, that the GPU is probably a 5570, since it only requires passive cooling. Other features are pretty regular, two SATA3-ports, two USB3-ports, ROG-connect and other features know to the ROG-series. There's no info on release date/price, since it's a concept, but I doubt Asus would make a almost finished board and just leave it to collect dust.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    interesting but fail for now
    [​IMG]

3. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Looks like a sexy azz board, could care less about the integrated GPU though. If you have enough money to get the board, im pretty sure a high end video card wouldn't be much of a burden to get along with it.

4. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    never hit retail i guarantee it. asus did the same thing with the pinot noir 3 years back. looked lik the abolute most badass board and they never mass produced it

5. SystemViper

SystemViper

Thanks Received:
    I think Asus is kickin butt with the Rampage 3 Extreme and the Crosshair iv Extreme looks to be the bomb too... I got to give Asus 5 stars for kick ass boards

6. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    wait the minute guys you all forget one thing this is not ordinary slap-GPU-and-done-with-it, it have hydra chip!!, so u can still use the IGP with your discrete GPU