1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus ROG Motherboard owners thread

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by trt740, Dec 17, 2009.

1. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    Whether it's X38, X48, X58 ,980a to P55. Maximus ,Rampage, Crosshair, AMD or Intel Motherboards, anything related to Rog Motherboards by Asus, please post it here. Example tell us how you like your motherboard, post photo's of what they look like. Post Bios updates , overclocking results , the best ram to use with the board you own or write a small review... I think Asus has stepped it up with these motherboards and it's time we had our own thread. Asus owners unite !!!! (okay thats gay) never mind but you get the picture.:laugh::slap:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  2. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I have the Crosshair III board which uses the 790FX chipset. This has honestly been the best board I've used in a long time. I had a review on the board sometime ago but forgot all about.

Kei and trt740 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    post a link if you can find it. If you have a picture of it installed post it.

4. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Kei says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have an X38 Maximus, do I get in? :)

6. ucanmandaa New Member

Thanks Received:
    ---

I have a x38 maximus with rampage bios :D

7. pbmaster

pbmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm running a Crosshair III also. GREAT board..I have had zero problems with the board itself..can't say the same for the LCD Poster and it's damned small cables! Great overclocking, tons of BIOS options, great stability...this board has it all

8. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    i got the maximus formula II... loving this board... have the latest bios loaded, OC's higher with my bad Q6600 than my P5K-E managed... looks wicked and has a fantisticly complex bios that takes a while to get used to but ends up being worth it ;)

9. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

Damn I used to own an ROG Rampage II Gene, best x58 board I have owned so far, only gripes was the nb got toasty!! and only dual crossfireX/SLI no tri/quad. By far a kick ass Matx board tho!!! :rockout:

10. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    I picked up an Croshair III AM3 to replace my Bloodrage GTI X58 OB at Newegg.
    Although it came bare (sucks, lol) it has been very stable right out of the box. I threw it into a junk tower with an AMD 250, 4 gigs of 7-7-7-20 Mushkin and a pair of 5770s while I figure on what case to build around it.

Normally I bitch about how much junk heatpipe coolers but this one is well designed and keeps reasonably cool.
    [​IMG]

One cool feature is the onboard LEDs for voltages
    3 LEDs that show Normal, High, Crazy (changes colors with more voltage for Mem, NB and CPU)
    [​IMG]

Im really impressed with temps and power draw with this one (right now its drawing 129watts at the outlet, AMD FTW!) Just with very basic air cooling
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    trt740 and Kei say thanks.
  11. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

Thats nice looking MK, the heatpipes arent way ott like many boards out there, and them 5770's look just as sexy as their bigger bro's !! :rockout: just a shame about the proc imo :wtf: :D

12. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Not bad for an old camera. :)

trt740 says thanks.
  13. pbmaster

pbmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    MK, you don't like heatpipes?? I will say though that the design on the Crosshair III is really good. My board always stays under 40*C when my room is a good 30*C in my room. The volitmeter LEDs are a nice touch too.

14. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    I'm a proud owner of an ASUS Crosshair III Formula 790FX/SB750 motherboard. Very stable, but sometimes if I OC too high, the Overclock Failed system doesn't work, and I have to use MemOK! to get the board running again, which also erases my settings. Using the latest BIOS (1204).

Feel free to laugh at my lack of cable management, and yes, there are 3 NVIDIA graphics cards: 2 9800 GT 1GB in the x16 slots and 1 GeForce 210 cut to x1.

I've never gotten my 955BE over 3.7GHz stable on this board. I usually run it at 2.8GHz/1.175v to reduce thermal output.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LCD Poster mod, took back off and screwed the front part to the mesh screen on my case door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

trt740 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  15. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    All the other mobos (not the Crosshair III it works very good) I had had REALLY poorly designed heat pipe coolers. I was able to cut temps in half with separate small Enzo coolers.

The ones I hated worst were the Foxconn Bloodrage GTI and the ASRock 780SLIX3 (both were just junk)
    [​IMG]
    Basically they are alum painted copper and multiple layers (each layer transfers less heat then the one before it)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
    trt740 says thanks.
  16. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I agree with MK. I was going to get the EK Crosshair board block but since my res cracked and leaked back to air i am now. I'll throw some pics up when I get home.

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    Well here is my Rampage Gene ii and I love it to bits, although the temps on the North Bridge hit 70C at times... I don't have a side panel on at the moment though.

[​IMG]

trt740 says thanks.
  18. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would shit myself if any NB of mine got to 70'C. :roll:

19. 3dsage

3dsage New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've owned Maximus Formula (flashed with Rampage bios) , Also had a Maximus II Formula. No where near as fun as the Maximus I.
    Also have a Rampage II Gene sitting here, with no cpu ATM. Had to sell it off, for some X-mas Fundage.

Currently im on a p5E3 DLX, which can be flashed to Rampage Bios. So i'll probably do that when I have time.

My MIIF getting sold
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pic of MF under Water.

[​IMG]

trt740 says thanks.
  20. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    Lol I was at first, but then I stopped worrying about it as these things can hit over 80C and still be fine.. (I think :eek:) but I am looking into the Swiftech MCW-MBMAX at the moment.

EDIT: I Love how the ROG logo glows on them boards.

21. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    I love my Rampage Extreme II top 3 all time motherboards hands down. Here is a brand new bios for the Rampage Extreme II 1639 people are hitting very high clocks with it. http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us I'm thinking of selling it for no other reason but trying AMD might try a Crosshair III and 965.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  22. Grnfinger

Grnfinger New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmmm where to begin :D

Maximus III Formula ::: Excellent board have no complaints

[​IMG]

Maximus II Formula :: very decent board wish it had better bios support

[​IMG]

Rampage Formula :::: Kick ass board

[​IMG]

Maximus Formula :::: the board that started it all, best damn board I have imo overclocks like a dream

[​IMG]

trt740 says thanks.
  23. 3dsage

3dsage New Member

Thanks Received:
    Rampage II Gene, amazing board.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
  25. Whilhelm

Whilhelm New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have had my Maximus Formula for a while now. It has been very good so far, well, except for the crappy LCD poster. most of the display is gone and my friend has the exact same issue. Anyone else have trouble with their lcd posters going bad over time?

Anyway here is what she looks like.

[​IMG]

Oh, and it has been flashed to a Rampage Formula