1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Shows Off ROG-Branded GeForce GTX Graphics Card with Air-Liquid Hybrid Cooler

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Nov 29, 2013.

1. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    What I wanted to mean was cooling pipes directly attached to the block, I mistakenly wrote cooling fins ;)

That way it would work I suppose, they could pull it off by making those pipes direct contact with the GPU core and WB core.

Knowing how ASUS works it will probably be aluminium :\

2. Ghost

Ghost

Thanks Received:
    However this DirectuCU H2O isn't ugly and doesn't need >2 slots. So if its performance comes close to AC Hybrid, it's a win.

3. flynnski New Member

Thanks Received:
    You (conveniently) forget that the 780Ti is based upon the Titan which has been out for the better part of a year,, the 780 since May. So manus can simply slap on a slightly modded Titan/780 cooler and be done with it. With the 290 series, the GPU placement is different than the series preceding it (rotated by 45 degress), and requires retooling of aftermarket cooling, outside of "generic" versions (Accelero) etc

4. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    So Ek pumping out precisely milled full coverage 290/290x blocks is using alien technology?
    AMD is deliberately withholding custom 290/290x

5. Fierce Guppy

Fierce Guppy

Thanks Received:
    That makes sense.

6. Fierce Guppy

Fierce Guppy

Thanks Received:
    "Conveniently"??? I posted the question to the AMD forum and the people there were astute enough not to assume an ulterior motive. I don't keep track of the similarities and differences in graphics card PCB design. All I'm interested in is how well the card performs. I'm am told that AMD has forbade 3rd party coolers for the 290X until December 1st when the restriction is lifted. There's not yet even a WHQL driver for the 290X.