1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus vs Newegg. Where to RMA?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by haxereth, Oct 12, 2010.

1. haxereth New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I'm packing up my board today to RMA to newegg but before I do I'd like to know if maybe Asus might be better... I'm getting a replacement for it not a refund and I'd like it back soon :)

2. MohawkAngel

MohawkAngel New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you bought from Newegg its them that have the money not asus. be logic man. if you buy a car fron the car dealer and its broken you dont go directly to the main office of GM or Ford in detroit! lol if you are stupid enough to send your stuff to asus then youll get a shit load of waiting cause they will chekc the board, wait to contact newegg see whne you bought it. then after decide wehat theyll do with it..and go on. Newegg thats all. you bought it there you ship it back there.

3. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If it is still under the 'Egg's warranty, send it there. It will be faster .... much faster.

4. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    Asus RMA is pretty good (I've sent them a bad board for replacement before), but Newegg's is better. So I'd say unless you don't qualify for NE RMA (ie no accessories or something), then go w/ Newegg

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. haxereth New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well i've never RMA'd anything at all because I've been very lucky over the past 2 years lol... and some people said Asus was pretty good. Also how do I package up all the small parts that were in bags I broke open?

6. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    Just put them in the box. No need to wrap them back up ;)

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. AureliaRisley

AureliaRisley New Member

Thanks Received:
    Newegg is very good regarding RMAs. I know it's hard to wait, but it'll probably only take about 4 days until you get your replacement board back. Regarding the small parts, get a ziploc sandwich or snack bag and put them in that.

8. rent.a.john

rent.a.john New Member

Thanks Received:
    Another thing to note tho, if you have one of the "premium" boards, Asus will cross ship it to you, thus saving you some downtime. http://livesupport.asus.com/aps/ <- list of premium boards

9. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    Newegg will probably be quicker; company RMAs can be slow if you don't have a credit card to cover the cross shipping hold some require.

10. haxereth New Member

Thanks Received:
    well I sent it. $11 for shipping not bad... I just wish they had cross shipping stuff like asus...

I had to remove the cpu stuff to put my heatsink on and when I packaged it up I forgot to put it back on and I was checking to see how much shipping would be and I saw somewhere the CPU thing and put it back on :D.

11. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    You should've went on live chat and asked for a shipping label, they would've given you one since the board isn't working properly.

12. haxereth New Member

Thanks Received:
    for newegg?? seriously? All the RMAs I've seen that ended up good said they all had to pay shipping....

anyway... It's only $11. But that's good to know in the future

13. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Indeed, on average I wait between 3-4 weeks from Asus, sometimes longer, Egg, generally a week and a half total from ship out to receive replacement or refund and able to order a replacement.

14. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    yea egg has always given me a shipping label they send it to my email i print it tape it on send it out problem solved