1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS X48 mainboard detailed information unveiled

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by HellasVagabond, Sep 5, 2007.

1. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    ASUS R.O.G. Maximus Formula SE specs and prices were unveiled and it is said to be the X48 mainboard. It is reported that it will has two X16 PCIE slots and three X1 slots and two PCI slots, it will support DDR2, build in 7.1 track sound card and its price will be 272 EURO - 330 EURO.
    ( Too expensive for me, at l;east for now :( )

Article

Attached Files:

2. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Spec looks good.. but with a price of £200+ (based on 300eur) asus can go whistle for it in my book. I would only want the board so I got my ADI 1988B sound back, this realtek garbage on my aw9d max is terrible.

3. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well the Gigabyte X48 shouldnt cost above 220-250 euros.....220e is a price i would certainly give for a DQ6 version...Besides if Gigabyte does the same as the P35, meaning get DS4,DQ6 flavors perhaps we will se the X48-DS4 at a price even lower than 200euros.

4. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    I cant see how Asus can ask such astronomical prices for their top boards, when arguably the only thing that sets their boards apart from the rest is the use of the ADI sound over the Realtek option. Granted the ADI solution beats the crap out of Realtek, but does it REALLY merit an extra £80 or so? Hell no. Asus need to come back down to earth, with such high prices their only pricing themselves out.

5. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    ASUS also sells its name brand which they think that means something...Well to me it aint, id rather buy Gigabyte products which are cheaper and the same in almost every way.

6. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    The only time selling the Asus name would mean something to me is if it meant a 24hr advanced RMA, hell with the massive premiums Asus ask for their boards they could easily absorb the advanced RMA costs and still make something, but they wont do advanced RMA of course.