1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus xonar Dx

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by X800, Jul 24, 2008.

1. X800

X800

Thanks Received:
    I have a broblem with the speakers i cant get them to put right sound in right speaker .I get sound in every speaker but they are mixed up if i push sound button on subwoofer it plays leftbak etc.:confused:

2. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    Are the plugs definately in the right sockets on the sound card?

3. X800

X800

Thanks Received:
    Yes they are plugged in right .Every time i boot the computer the speakers are diffrent.If i get it right it still not sound right i have no sub and no bass but if i put the speakers in 2 channel mode i get bass and sound from all speakers (speakers Ozaki DT650)

4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds like they're set to autodetect, and messing with you.

i;d disable the auto detect features (if possible) and then manually connect them in whatever order gives you correct sound.

5. X800

X800

Thanks Received:
    There is no auto o manual only thing that have a button to switch center and sub

6. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    well if it changes every boot, its auto detecting them, and doing it wrong. many HD audio devices do that, but in the software have an option to turn it off.

7. X800

X800

Thanks Received:
    Ok now the the speakers dont change anymore but when i play music its only stereo i think and ihave no bass at all =( .i bought this soundcard becuse i didnt want a creative but now im having second toughts.

8. Darren

Darren New Member

Thanks Received:
    Creative is a sack of crap we get like about 2-3 people in here complaining per week about their broken Audigy or X-FI card or Creative in general. Your problems stems from having unusual speakers which are almost unknown in the UK and USA so it makes it difficult for us to locate information about them.

Because you're not using digital outputs, the only way to get surround sound is to enable the Prologic IIx or virtual speakers within the Oxygen config.

Download the latest D2x drivers from here--->
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=Xonar D2X

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  9. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    we just had a guy who kept crashing when using crossfire in DIRT, but in the end it turned out his X_fi was doing it. seriously... creative is worse than ever.

10. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Wasnt I the one who told him to remove the X-FI and use his onboard? :D

On topic, your speakers are unheard of, so more than likely Asus didn't test their drivers with those speakers. You should be able to get the speakers working right though. You will need to turn off anything like auto jack sensing and just fiddle with the remaining settings and ports on the card until their right. Also check the windows config settings for sound. Sometimes the speaker setting isnt the same as the setting used with the soundcard settings and that can throw things off.

11. X800

X800

Thanks Received:
    If i do an sound check in windos or in asus xonar controlpanel i get sound from all speakers now but if i play music the sound only come 2 speakers.
    Only thing i can do is use the switch on the sub to 2.1ch and for movies to 5.1ch

12. Darren

Darren New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is 100% normal. Your soundcard is not broken :)

It's because MP3s are in stereo (2 channels) whilst movies (DVDs are in AC3/Dolby Digital/DTS) are in 5.1 hence why MP3s are buggy while movies are fine. The only way to solve this is to use the Prologic IIx feature or Virtual Speaker feature. Alternatively use SPDIF connections with an AV receiver :)

X800 says thanks.