1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asustek and Gigabyte Form Joint Venture

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Aug 8, 2006.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Asustek Computer and Gigabyte Technology, two Taiwan-based motherboard manufacturers, announced on August 8 the establishment of a joint venture to produce "Gigabyte" branded motherboard and graphics cards. The new company is scheduled to become operational on January 1, 2007, with details of the operations to be revealed later this year, including the company's name, according to Asustek and Gigabyte at a press conference on August 8. The Asustek-Gigabyte joint venture will be established with 51% of the company being controlled by Gigabyte and 49% by Asustek. Under the agreement, the chairman of the joint venture will be appointed by Gigabyte, as well as three directors and one supervisor on the board of directors of the new company. The remaining two seats on the company's board will be assigned by Asustek. With capacity support from Asustek, Gigabyte is expected to lower its production costs to compete against Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) and Micro-Star International (MSI), and avoid the potential of being acquired by Foxconn Electronics.

Source: DigiTimes

2. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    As long as ASROCK keep making Crazy boards, and Asus quality boards, i have no objections to that

3. Canuto

Canuto New Member

Thanks Received:
    Me neither :D

4. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    Well for me personally as long as gigabyte keeps its standards up ill keep on buying them, for me gigabyte have always been the most reliable and funnily enough asus the most problematic

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  5. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    Never had any problem with ASUS board's, not even while i wwas fixing some friends pc, for me is a good brand to buy