1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB] Athlon X2 4400 2.2GHz 90nm AM2

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by pjladyfox, Aug 25, 2010.

1. pjladyfox

pjladyfox New Member

Thanks Received:
    Everyone,

I'm looking for one or both of the following with the priority going towards the 4400:

AMD Athlon X2 4000+ 2.0GHz, 90nm, L2 2 x 1MB AM2 ADA4000IAA6CS
    AMD Athlon X2 4000+ 2.0GHz, 90nm, L2 2 x 1MB AM2 ADO4000IAA6CS

AMD Athlon X2 4400+ 2.2GHz, 90nm, L2 2 x 1MB AM2 ADA4400IAA6CS
    AMD Athlon X2 4400+ 2.2GHz, 90nm, L2 2 x 1MB AM2 ADO4400IAA6CS

Please do note that if it is not either of these specific models, such as the 65nm models that only have L2 of 512kb per core, I'm not interested in it since those are a dime a dozen. I only need one each of these but if you have more than one I may be interested in it as well.

I'd really like to trade for one of these, if said party is interested or would be amiable, rather than pay if possible so PM me and let's see what we can work out.
  2. pjladyfox

pjladyfox New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nobody has one of these floating around?
  3. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I think I have a AM2 5000+ BE and a cooler for it. Note the cooler is not the one that came with it, but is actually a little beefier.

Edit: Nevermind. You seem to want those and only those for some specific reason. I though you just wanted a process in the same class range.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  4. pjladyfox

pjladyfox New Member

Thanks Received:
    The main reason for the specific CPU's is due to work since I'm trying to match the current Socket 939 4400+ that I have so I can switch over to the AM2 platform instead and get rid of the last DDR system we have. We use this system for performance testing of our software titles so it's kind of important to match the specs exactly. -_-

I never thought in a million years it would be this difficult to find such an old CPU in AM2 or I would have made sure we got one back when they were new. :cry:
  5. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    if the board its going into supports multiplier change then you can get any higher binned F3 Athlon X2 with 2 x 1MB cache and change the multi to match the ones you are looking for.

Just a thought.
    pjladyfox says thanks.
  6. Bot

Bot

Thanks Received:
    i have one, i have to check the number thou. i'll get back with you
  7. pjladyfox

pjladyfox New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's an option I had not considered, and would be easier since X2 5200+ are more common, but I checked the manual for the motherboard we have which is a Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H and it does not appear to have that ability. I'm sure I could probably figure out a way to underclock it but considering my budget is pretty small for this I really can't afford to guess wrong on this since it is a pretty important system.

Worse comes to worse I'll get the more common 65nm version, which I really hate doing, to get the thing online and maybe keep the old one around as a backup. Just really had not anticipated this being as difficult as it's been trying to find this specific CPU but I really do appreciate you putting forth another option. ^_^
  8. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    That board you mentioned is an awesome board and YES it does have those options to change the CPU multiplier to a lower multiplier on a locked CPU.

Whats you budget for the CPU and how many CPUs do u need?

That board does support AM3 CPUs and you can get a Athlon II 240 which has 2 x 1MB cache and clock it down to what ever speed your old system is, tho I am not sure if it will be a Apples to Apples comparison, as the 240 is more optimized than the older AM2/939 CPUs.

Worst case you can get a 240 for under $50 from egg and see if that will help you.
  9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    why go with them? since its a 785G board, you can slap any modern AM2, 2+ or 3 CPU in there.
  10. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    And if you still need a process in the same class, I still have that 5000+. If you are interested PM me and I will send you the specs.
  11. DanTheMan

Thanks Received:
    I may have one of those models you listed - I will check tonight and let you know.
  12. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    ^ its a fake of Dan The Banjoman!!!
  13. DanTheMan

Thanks Received:
    I do not think Dan the Banjoman would have old CPU's like these. I would imagine he has top rated stuff. I pulled these out of computers for upgrades people ask for. They do not want the old equipment - so I sell them and make my "labor cost" out of the deal. They get a good upgrade at a low cost, I get a decent price for the old parts - works good!
  14. pjladyfox

pjladyfox New Member

Thanks Received:
    I must have missed that or mistook something in there for something else. I'll have to go back thru it again and do some more research.

I actually talked with a friend who works over at AMD and based upon the input I gave them the 240 was a no-go at least from a performance and architecture standpoint. But, it is something to consider but I'll have to consult several of the software engineers I deal with and see where it takes me 'tho I do have a feeling they're going to agree with input from AMD that they've seen already.

That was the exact reasoning for going for this particular motherboard in that it would allow us to, quite literally, plug in several years worth of CPU's into the same system and swap them out as needed. To say I was absolutely thankful that AMD supported the AM2 platform as long as they did would be understating matters since it helps poor people like me who have to do software performance testing to make my budget dollars (what little I get each year) stretch VERY far.

I'll most assuredly keep that in mind and I really do appreciate you keeping that line open!

Please do and I appreciate you chiming in on this. ^_^
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  15. DanTheMan

Thanks Received:
    pjladyfox says thanks.
  16. pjladyfox

pjladyfox New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was talking with one of the software engineers and mentioned suraswami's idea and after some back and forth emails (since they really wanted to leave work early) they mentioned that this may be a workable idea and brought up the following to try it with:

AMD Athlon X2 4800+ 2.4GHz, 90nm, 89w, L2 2 x 1MB AM2 ADA4800IAA6CS

AMD Athlon X2 4800+ 2.4GHz, 90nm, 65w, L2 2 x 1MB AM2 ADO4800IAA6CS

Did any of you reading this thread maybe have a line on one of these or should I keep this one open and start a new one looking for one?

Almost forgot to reply to you but I looked over there and it turned out it was a DO version with the 2 x 512kb cache rather than the 2 x 1MB I was looking for. Thank you for trying though!
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  17. Dbiggs9

Thanks Received:
    I have a AMD x2 3800/6400 both 90nm will let it go for cheap.