1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Athlon X2 7750 BE + ASUS Crosshair 2 Formula

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by winblowzxp, Apr 1, 2009.

1. winblowzxp New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been out of overclocking for a few years now...since I had my Duron/A7V.

I happened upon the AX2 7750 BE and Biostar board, but I never liked Biostar so I bought an ASUS Crosshair 2 Formula (I went with ASUS because I loved my A7V's overclocking capability). So my board came and I installed my hardware, and began my O/C journey. I got Vista installed and many reboots later determined that I can't get anything over 2.97 GHz (anything over 3 GHz and Vista will blue screen). I played with my voltages, bus, and RAM speeds to no avail. Is anyone else here running this combination and have had better luck with O/C'ing than me? If so, any recommendations?

2. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    I dunno AMD since my past Windsor, but maybe you hit the CPU's OC capability, nothing to do with your board and nothing you can do about it, unless you're sure that the CPU can hit more speed.

3. winblowzxp New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know the CPU can hit higher speeds than that...I've seen the screenies on this very forum; I've seen screenshots of this processor at 3.4 GHz, but that's with a multipler of 17x. My board won't even POST when the multiplier is 17x, which could be because voltage isn't high enough. But even at 3 GHz, Windows will BSOD (0x9c) and I can't figure out why.

4. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    those chips clock way higher than that i took mine up to 3.57ghz on the same mobo

5. crtecha

crtecha New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. Barshalen New Member

Thanks Received:
    When I had mine I overclocked it to 3.0 and 3.1 easily still with the stock cooler even.. All I did was change the voltage a little, and that prob wasn't even needed. I do remember that when changing my Bus speeds to above 210-220 I would have to mess around with my ram settings since I had 1066 ram, and not exactly the best brand/model. So try just changing the multiplier and leave the bus speed alone?

7. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I`m afraid to ask at what voltage ?

8. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    here is 3.4ghz @1.425v

[​IMG]

9. winblowzxp New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm running Vista x64, and when I get up to even 3 GHz, I get a blue screen every time. I'm really having quite a hard time with figuring out why.

10. Bokteelo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Might be a dud chip?