1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI AIW 9800 Pro NTSC/Pal question

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by jotek, Jun 6, 2005.

1. jotek New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all. I think that I already know the answer to this one,which is no, but.....
    I bought a while back the ATI AIW 9800 Pro R350 core card. I purchased it in the US and took it back with me (in a XPC as carryon luggage!) to where I currently live in Eastern Europe, which is on a PAL system. I would like to be able to use the TV functionality of the card, and I guess I could get a device which converts the signals (cheaper to buy a new card maybe!) but I was wondering if it was possible to flash the bios for a Pal bios rather than NTSC?
    Also, is there a AIW 9800 XT bios floating around somewhere which would give me any additional functionality? I have searched, and not found one, so I am doubting this question too :D
    Thanks in advance!
    Jotek

2. grazzhoppa New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. jotek New Member

Thanks Received:
    far as I can tell, those switches are for tv out, not cable tv input. (with googleing :D)

4. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have a sapphire 9600pro 256mb atlantis advantage with tv out and on the board by the dvi connector is a jumper/selector for pal/ntsc. im not sure about youre card but you could take a look, it looks similar to what you would find on your motherboard to reset the bios

5. Hellraiser1981

Thanks Received:
    If you have an R350, you can't flash an XT bios to it. I believe the dip switches are only for output, but I could be wrong. Since there are only 4 possible dip configurations, try them all (0/0, 1/0, 0/1, 1/1).
    If all else fails, use RaBit to edit the vid card's bios, I remember seeing an NTSC/PAL option in there too.