1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI Beta Testing program

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by kenkickr, Jan 26, 2009.

1. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    We all know how bad the 8.12's have been on Vista x64 and I think ATI is aware of it as well. Now ATI is looking for some beta testers to help them out with future releases and it looks like it is going to be a select few. If interested please follow this link, http://ati.amd.com/products/catalyst/betatester.html, and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. kiriakost

kiriakost New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will disagree on that .. for the 32Bit version at list.

And i will agree , that ATI thinks by a positive way.
    And everything that is directed to the highway of progress , finds me positive, to it. :)
    kenkickr says thanks.
  3. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I was lookin at that and just knew there was a bad taste in my mouth. Thanks for pointing that out and I'm gonna correct it cause it's been hell getting them to work right or at all on Vista x64, at least I know it holds true for me.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    8.12 were driving me insane so I reinstalled Vista x64 and they have been amazing ever since. Even the latest 8.12 hotfix for 4850 crossfire and multil CPU core rendering installed without issue.
  5. mikek75

mikek75 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Aye, why do you say 8.12 is bad on Vista 64? I've had no problems with them.....
  6. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    So many people have had problems with 8.12 and multi GPU action.. it was/is FUBAR'd.

I had it working fine for a week until I had to lend a 4850 to a friend. Upon return I was unable to get crossfire enabled but the drivers would install. This is just an example of one problem... there were other BSOD and black screen issues as well.
  7. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Everytime I installed them I would receive "Incompatible Display Device" and found it was due to me having more than 4Gbs of ram in my system. I never had this issue with previous Catalyst drivers but now I'm using the 8.12 Hotfix deuce and so far so good.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. silverfox74 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have vista x64 and make use of 8.11 whql drivers with 8 gigs of ram and no problem at all...i wait until 8.13 if it is worth, i use my pc in the free time and dont want to get mad because of a driver or limited memory of inconscious programmers! if they want to work with more ram, why dont they build up a pc with more ram at all?

personally my 8.11 are stable at 100% and unless there are plenty of ati stream applications (like games for example) i dont want to change. it would be nice to have a second pc from ati to betatest with, not my production pc heheheh
  9. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've had horrible problems with the 8.12's and my HD3850 AGP. I have to use the hotfix drivers for it to work. The original 8.12 drivers don't recognize my card and skip installing drivers for it. They have been really screwy since the release.
  10. philbrown23

philbrown23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    signed up lets hope I get chosen