1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI catalyst does not support HD3870

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Nosada, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Nosada

Nosada

Thanks Received:
    Hey all,

I recently installed 9.3's on my HD3870's on 2 seperate rigs. One of them works flawlessly, the other one has no driver issues, but ATI CCC and F@H fail to work. The error reads: "The features in the ATI Catalyst Control Center Basic View do not support the currently active graphics processor."
    It gives me the option to select advanced view, but clicking that produces nothing on screen. I've reinstalled and redownloaded the drivers several times, no luck.

I'm at a loss. Has anyone else ever encountered this issue and been able to resolve it?

Regards,
    Nos
  2. thraxed Guest

3. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Uninstall the driver and CCC, run something like driver cleaner pro to clean up left over files, restart in safe mode and run driver cleaner pro again, restart and try reinstalling he driver.
  4. Nosada

Nosada

Thanks Received:
    @thraxed: Nope, it's PCIe, should have been more specific, sorry.

@Ketxxx: That's preety much what I've been doing so far, except I used driver sweeper.

I also tried installing the drivers seperately, rebooting and installing CCC only then, but so far none of that has made any difference. Anything short of a complete reinstall of windows I'm out of ideas.
  5. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    What are the specs of these 2 separate rigs (which of the 2 work fine in)? Also, are they both using the same OS?
  6. Nosada

Nosada

Thanks Received:
    Both are XP 32bit machines.

The working one is an E8400 on a Gigabyte EP45 UD3P, 2Gb of A-DATA DDR2-800 C4-4-4-12, Sapphire HD3870, this machine used to have the other HD3870 in crossfire, which worked perfectly.

The "broken" one is an E6300 on a Gigabyte P35 DS3, same ram, same GPU. This machine's card (EVGA 8800GT) recently broke down, so I salvaged the secondary card out of the other system.

I just realised this is the only real difference between the two machines, the "broken" one has had nvidia drivers on it, the working one never has.

I'm doomed to reinstall windows, aren't I?
  7. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:
    do you have net framework installed ?
  8. Nosada

Nosada

Thanks Received:
    All .net's are installed and fully patched.

I was able to resolve the problem eventually though, by downloading the march 16 hotfix for the 9.3's. I'll leave the LINK, should anyone searching the forums have the same problem.

Thanks all, glad this was sorted out :)