1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ati Radeon 4870 vaikoo / vvikoo bad BIOS flash

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by a_be, Sep 7, 2010.

1. a_be New Member

Thanks Received:
    halo guys....i'm newbie here...., but if anyone can help me...i really appreciate that..

i got a VGA Card Ati radeon 4870 from vaikoo / vvikoo 1 GB DDR5 256 bit, i accidentaly flash it with unknown 4870.bin (probably with xfx 4870), and i don't have any bios backup for it and of couse made my graphic card dead....

so ... please if someone know where i can get a right BIOS for my ATI Radeon 4870 vaikoo or if anyone have any solution for it...please let me know....
    thx

regards...

2. temp02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The problem was that you probably flashed the card with a 64KB BIOS file, the proper size for a BIOS file for that card is 128KB (there is a link to a proper BIOS file in that article, so try it, report back if that didn't work).

Also the proper manufacturer name is not VAIKO but VVIKO :)

3. a_be New Member

Thanks Received:
    thx for the reply ....
    i already checked it....and redownload the BIOS file with size is 128KB...but it's still failed......

about manufacturer name...in at the graphic card box...vaikoo.... and after trying google i found that the right name is vviko...

4. temp02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you sure that the new BIOS flashing process succeeded?

The only thing that I can say is try the HD 4870 1GB BIOSes on the TPU database, your card is already a brick you have nothing to loose, just make sure that the BIOS files you download and apply are 128KB in size. (tip: try the Palit ones first, there is a very good change that the card is manufactured the same way those Palits are)

5. a_be New Member

Thanks Received:
    okay ... i'll try it....ty

6. a_be New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry for the late report.....due to my PC's error...

i already flash my VGA...but when i turn it on...vga won't post..and just got a message that inform about connection failure...of course i already plug the power cable from the PSU, change the PSU...or anything that i can do about the PSU...

another suggest maybe>???