1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI Radeon 5450 1gb crashes my computer ?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by CMSaberStorm, Dec 27, 2012.

1. CMSaberStorm New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi All ,
    I am having difficulty with the 5450 gpu as when i install the driver for the card i am asked to restart the computer and when it restarts it goes past the bios screen and then tells me that a recently changed hardware/software has caused the system to crash :banghead: , Then it does a system restore and i am back to square one. When i go into device manager the card is seen as standard VGA.

My system is:
    Amd fx 8150
    Asus sabertooth 990fx
    corsair cx 750 psu
    2x4gb corsair vengence ram
    500gb western digital hard drive

PLEASE HELP ME!!! :)
  2. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    First, that PSU is a bit over kill for a 5450.

Did you have any graphics cards installed before this? did you uninstall the previous drivers?
  3. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    way pair a other wise good system with a JUNK GPU :wtf: :ohwell:
  4. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    what drivers (version) causes this problems for you? ;and what is the exact model of your card?
  5. GamerGuy

Thanks Received:
    What card did you have before the HD5450, which as one had pointed out is one weak card. If you had an nVidia card before the AMD card, you must uninstall the nV driver first, then run Driver Sweeper to rid your system of remaining nV driver. If all else fail, consider an RMA...
  6. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    You don't know what he uses this computer for. I recommend cutting the attitude considering he's look for help, not smart comments. He is asking for help getting it working, not to make it faster or to get something better. Maybe he uses this machine for development in which case he doesn't need the video power... :wtf:

I have an ATi Radeon HD 2600 XT on my work machine, are you going to complain about that too because I use it for web development? :(

Back to the topic...
    Have you tried it on another computer? I'm assuming you're attempting to use the latest Catalyst drivers, but are you using the latest "stable" driver or the beta driver, or have you tried both?
  7. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
  8. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    12.11 beta driver is out. Like gamer said, uninstall Nvidea drivers and run a driver sweep. Then install 12.11 drivers and all should be good. Also, avoid das. like the plague.