1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI Radeon 5970x2 Crossfire?

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by MaSx, Feb 9, 2010.

1. MaSx New Member

Thanks Received:
    *Used GPU-Z.0.3.8*

So, The first GPU shows ATI CrossFire is disabled? Is this normal...bug?
    or my ATI CrossFire isn't working? By the way, CrossFire is enabled from ATI CCC

[​IMG]

The second one shows "Enabled" why is first one "Disabled"?
    [​IMG]
  2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    my suggestion is to run a benchmark with one card, then re-test with two.

At this stage its impossible to tell if crossfire is working or not - and merely disabling it in the CCC will turn off crossfire in the first card, not the crossfire between the two cards.

(remember, you're running 2x2 GPU crossfire - so you may be getting only 2 GPU's in crossfire here)
    MaSx says thanks.
  3. MaSx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I have done it and still the same thing. Maybe GPU-Z is bugged. After running the benchmark using "Performance" setting I got around 32xxx while running on single it dropped a lot.

-When I used only one card they GPU-Z showed both "Enabled". But in crossfire it shows 3 enabled 1 disabled.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i'd say thats confirmed as bug then - we just need to wait for w1zzard to fix it, if he can.

A lot of the stuff he does isnt documented at all, so he has to make it up as he goes... and thats not easy when he doesnt have 2x 5970x2s to test on
  5. MaSx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully, It gets fixed soon. Also, GPU-Z 0.3.8 does not show "Shader" it's blank. =)