1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI Radeon HD 4600 Problem

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by kr236rk, Oct 6, 2012.

1. kr236rk New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

I think I cooked my Radeon?

Have been using the dual connections to shift between monitors but I think that has at length fazed the card. It is now causing the pc to stutter-start, and when finally booted successfully there is no picture. I plugged the monitor back into the old onboard card and there was the picture - so it's the ATI Radeon HD 4600.

Doubt there's a fix?

If my doubt is right - how do I uninstall the Radeon please? Sure I can remove the PCI but what about the drivers and so forth?

Thanks,

Ric
  2. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    Probably fried old card was old
    probably didn't have anything todo with driving two monitors either sometimes they just up and quit
    kr236rk says thanks.
  3. kr236rk New Member

Thanks Received:

You're probably right. I uninstalled the ATI drivers and removed the card. PC now running fine on onboard integrated card. It shook me up though, I am going to get a separate pc (barebones) for the other monitor - swapping monitors on that card definitely used to faze it - i should have bought a (gamer) junction box for the dual monitor set-up but what's the point, those things are as expensive as whole computers! :-o

Thanks.
  4. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    if you wanna be evil you can try and bake the card
    remove the heatsink and any plastic and the metal mouting plate screws fan cables ect ect
    place the card on 4 or 5 balls of tin foil
    bake in the oven for 10 min at 385f or 12 min at 350 let cool completely in the oven before moving ... put it back to together and see if it works
  5. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I don't know what the rest of your system is lik, but I can say that upgrading to one of the current AMDs (although I'd wait for even more price cutting) will make an impressive performance boost even if you get one of the mid range cards.