1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ati Softmods - Feedback Wanted! No Bluescreens

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Maniax, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Maniax New Member

Thanks Received:
    I noticed that i don't get bluescreens when softmod is enabled. There appears only a blue screen without white text. No minidumps are written. The system hardcrashes at that point. If i revert to unmodded catalyst bluescreens are working again so it may be softmod related.

My radeon 9500 has at least one defective pipe. Overlay video has 2 black pixels all the time that i can compensate easily by VMR or EVR renderer that are way superior than standard overlay. Its possible that those defective pipes have more sideeffects like those bad bluescreens and it may be an individual problem that only this one card has.

So, anyone noticed that behaviour as well? Are you sure your bluescreens are working correctly or can you confirm the bad bluescreens?

Don't forget to name your softmodded card.

thx

2. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Not currently but I did have a Radeon 9500 @ 9500 Pro.

Only a couple months after that I had it softmodded it died, bought it off ebay about a year ago for $20 USD.

AFAIK, all the BSOD's I got with the card seem to display ok.

If this is what you mean and implying it was a Sapphire 9500 64MB NP. 280/250 clocks. I never overclocked the card but did manage to use the card for a good 2 months after I softmodded it. Before softmodIt was rock stable no crashes and ran very well.

Any other info you need about the card I was using just PM me.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007